what color is this 6 year old horse?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yellerroseintx

Reaction score
I just can't put my finger on it.......coat has a red tinge..rose gray? Roan?.

appystallion.jpg

appymini.jpg

appystallionbadheadshot.jpg

He is gray, most gray horses will get a red tinge out in the sun. I have seen some gray horses that are left out all summer and turn the ugliest muddy brown but then when they are clipped they are as silver as a new dime. I often get blasted for my firm insistance that gray and black horses should be stalled or kept out of the sun during the day and put out to pasture in the evening and at night to perserve their color.
smile.gif

I am gonna have to agree with Pocket Ponies

Pocket Ponies has it right... silver dapple varnish roan blanketed Appy....
biggrin.gif

Here is why I made my guess. Coco Puffs is a known silver dapply varnish roan appy with a blanket...and your mare looks to be the same color. Coco's blanket shows better at different times of the year.

Amy9.jpg

CocoChamp.jpg

My guess was also going to be silver dapple w/the appaloosa roaning on top of that.

Parent's colors would help to determine the color, as well.

smile.gif

Liz M.

If he were Grey chances are he would be white by now. Grey also does not follow the pattern this horse has- when mixed with the "Varnish" pattern it tends to intermingle and send it almost white much quicker. This horse is not Grey. As said, he is Silver + , probably, Varnish, + Blanket, of course!!
smile.gif

i have to agree with the silver dapple appy roaning (varnish?) with a blanket

jennifer
saludando.gif

Latest posts

Back