What color is she?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bonny

past member - Someone just shoot me!
Reaction score
Now that we can see her winter and summer coat I wanted to know what color do yall think she is? Red roan or is she going gray?

flood034-1.jpg

5-25-08020-1.jpg

5-25-08031-1.jpg

6-1-08054-1-1.jpg

Yep, she's grey.
default_yes.gif
From the first picture I was thinking bay roan, because her head looks dark, but the color is changing on her head as well. Her dark points and mane and tail will eventually turn white. Some horses turn quickly, and others quite slowly. I like seeing the progression of the color change from year to year in the slower-graying horses.
default_smile.png

She is going grey imo, too, but with her darker head, I think she may be a bay roan who is going grey
default_yes.gif

Bonny, all I have to say is, what an AMAZING job you have done with her!! She is stunning!! I can't believe thats the same horse!!!!!!!

I vote for grey!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Joyce! I love that little horse! She is a bright eyed bushy tailed angel now!
default_wub.png

Mona- unfortunately I will never know her bloodlines, no idea what her folks were.

I think gray also, just double checking
default_yes.gif

Thanks for the replys!
default_yes.gif

Her tail is a give away sign to her color. The fact that it is half white is indicating grey. Here head and legs would not be greying either if she were a roan.

Latest posts

Back