What color is she?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I finally figured it out ....Thanks to all that helped me with this photo...Irene

Last edited by a moderator:
DawnDrinking.jpg

I finally figured it out ....Thanks to all that helped me with this photo...Irene

She will shed out to be black?

On her AMHA Papers I would put black? Thanks

Dawns Dam is a sorrel/White pintaloosa and her Sire is a buckskin...

I was hoping for some other color than black...She was born more silver but looks kinda brownish...

Lori ...How did you do that from the picture I sent you? Just curious

Thanks for posting the picture....Irene

Windwalker Miniatures.....

www.freewebs.com/kolorspots

it wasn't easy everytime i put it from the document in photobucket it came out black & white picture

so I e mailed it to myself from your picture (where it said insert in e mail)and it came out color

then I copied and saved it to my pictures from the e mail

it was a challenge thats why I was so slow

Lori

as far as your fllies color I stink at foal color I'm always asking on here

I dont think shes black. Since her sire was buckskin, she would very well be a cream dilute. You'll have to wait till she sheds out but for now she looks smokey black.
default_smile.png

I think she's black, but she may be silver dapple black. Her mane looks like it might have a misty cast to it which makes me think silver is possible. She could have gotten silver from her dam, who could carry it but not visually show it since it is not visible on red.

Btw, she is a cutie
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
default_wub.png

She looks like a smoky black to me. It is possible because a buckskin and chestnut can produce a black foal.

Test her for creme. that would give you a good idea.

I got a shock a couple years ago when my 2 chestnut pinto mares that I bred to my bay stud both produced black foals. I have seen many smoky black foals born and thats what she looks like to me.

keep in mind you can not tell a smokey black by looking at them.

Thanks everyone for your help...Her eyes are a smokey grey color...never seen eyes like that...Her dam had a solid black foal out of a black/white stud a few years ago...Irene

So would I put her color as a smokey black when I register her???

Windwalker Miniatures

www.freewebs.com/kolorspots

If she were mine I would test her for cream first before registering her smoky black. If she tested positive for cream then I would register her smoky black.

Latest posts

Back