What color is she????

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leisha

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I haven't been on here in a long time, but I have a problem and was wondering if someone would be willing to help me out??
sad.gif
I have a little filly that I don't know what color she is shedding out to be. When she was born I thought she was a buckskin, but she has totally changed! I don't have a website, and I was wondering if I could email someone some pics to post for me, so someone could tell me what color she is??? Her sire is a buckskin, and her dam is gray pinto. Is anyone willing to help, I would really appreciate it!!!
smile.gif
Thanks for listening.

Leisha

Oh my.....she is a pretty girl! And she going to be interesting with her coloring. She has both the silver gene and the dilute gene working on her. Perhaps a silver buckskin???

MA

She is really pretty. That light hair above her eye makes me think maybe she is graying like her dam?

I'd say she is silver buckskin, but maybe going gray (?). Pretty, pretty whatever the color
yes.gif

I have a regular buckskin mare, Khaki, who is darkish when she first clips or sheds out, but comes back to dilute buckskin quickly.

To me she looks like a really dark buckskin, with a 50% chance of graying out.

She is definitely a buckskin of some sort... perhaps the grey or silver gene at work too... but she is almost the exact body color of my foal... he has that same "mask" going on... I call mine a smutty buckskin. He is the foal in my avatar.

Andrea

I see smutty buckskin too--they always shed/clip out to that dark grey color before turning back into buckskins again. Not sure there's any silver going on there though....also can't say if she'll grey out, but that possibility is there.

I see Buckskin- I do not see any Silver. Mama is a true Grey so there is a chance she will Grey out but I have had Buckskin foals Grey and they have done it at this stage- I see no signs of her Greying at the moment. Foals coats always look much darker as they first start coming in, you cannot judge a colour from this. From the foal picture I would say a straightforward Buckskin.

I agree with Rabbit, and buckskin foals shed or clip out very dark normally, after clipping they sometimes look bay instead of buckskin but the yellow olor will come back. ;)

Latest posts

Back