What color is my foal??

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PaulaR

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I am new to this board and minnies. I got my first minnie foal and his color threw me off a bit. Does anyone have pictures of silver bay foals? Or silver buckskin? His mother is silver on black and sire was a palomino. He is the goden color of a palomino but has black skin.

P5200269.jpg

P5210285.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
GetAttachment5.jpg
Photo by Tony Greaves

GetAttachment3-2.jpg
our silver bay appy stud keepsake has been tested with animal genetics to be silver bay appy
default_yes.gif

little Americas silver keepsake Photo by Tony Greaves

keepsake_headDSC_08561.jpg
keepsakeDSC_40191.jpg
Photo by Tony Greaves

keepsake now

DSC07129-2.jpg

What a little darling! Congratulations! I would say that foal appears to be sorrel. (POSSIBLY a very dark palomino, but I think sorrel) I do not see silver bay or silver buckskin in it at all.

What a little darling! Congratulations! I would say that foal appears to be sorrel. (POSSIBLY a very dark palomino, but I think sorrel) I do not see silver bay or silver buckskin in it at all.
Thanks! I actually think he looks alot like the appy silver bay posted above, it was raing in those pictures so he is wet. Honestly I thought palomino, but from what I have read, ALL red based foals are born with pink skin that changes to dark and silver dapples are born with dark skin and that is where the question is.

This picture shows how diluted he looks dry.

P5200272.jpg

This shows how dark his skin is, this is less than 12 hours old...

P5210296.jpg

I can't wait to see him start shedding to see what he really is LOL!

His diluted color and silver characteristics is why I thought maybe silver buckskin. I haven't been able to find a foal picture of a silver buckskin though.

Thanks Tony for posting those pictures, your stallion is awesome! Love his ears!

This is our silver buckskin filly:

Newborn:

CIMG1926.jpg

CIMG1927.jpg

Dry pics:

CIMG2025.jpg

Trixie17days2.jpg

Trixie17days.jpg

Filly as a yearling

DSCI0010.jpg

(she's a 2 year old this year, but haven't had the chance to clip and get photos yet)

Sire:

101_2683.jpg

Dam: (silver bay)

CIMG2106.jpg

See I knew somebody would have a picture of a silver buckskin. Wow she is lovely! I am going to have to say mine is maybe a silver bay(best guess by me LOL). Thanks everyone!!

Here is a pic. of my silver bay colt when he was a foal.

Rustyfoal.jpg

And now as a yearling.....

4-30-08minisBrandiygroriandAnna1-1.jpg

Pretty? Cute? Adorable?

No? That's not a color? :DOH!

I guess I will try again later
default_wink.png

Back