What color is he?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L

littlehorse2

[SIZE=18pt]This is Littleman from Beaver Creek Ranch. Giovanna said he was a chocolate with a flaxen mane and tail. Is that correct?[/SIZE]

Christy

littleman.jpg

Now, I've never understood all these colors in the mini world. To me, that's a sorrell horse (MAYBE a chestnut, but to me those are just sorrell horses, too). I don't see the flaxen mane & tail. I'm sure he'll turn out to be some fancy something color, but I don't understand it all.

I just don't see a flaxen mane and tail, I see a very "red" horse.

Could be the lighting I guess, but he sure looks to be sorrel and a beautiful very red one, in that picture to me.

Im gonna say a liver chestnut. All thou he looks as if he could be a silver maybe?

It appears to me that his legs are somewhat chocolatey in color. Add that to the mane and tail color, and I think he looks like a silver bay.

Looks like a sorrel/chestnut to me.

Robin

I agree with Ashley on this one, liver chestnut. He is not a chocolate silver.

I'd have to say this guy is most definitely carrying silver, but telling what else is there for coloring is difficult. It seems like the sun is affecting his body coloring also. I would guess liver chestnut with silver, or a very deep bay with silver maybe as his base coloring since he appears so much darker than most silver dapples.

Last edited by a moderator:
Silver does not express on Red, only Black. There would be no way of telling if he carried Silver, and, even if you were to accept that some people can usually tell, it is a personal opinion and he carries none of the "markers" suggested, such as a very blonde mane and tail etc.

I do not even see a Liver Chestnut, just a rich sorrel.

[SIZE=14pt]Thanks guys. I was leaning more towards chestnut. I can't wait to see what their baby looks like.[/SIZE]

Christy

She looks sorrel to me. I didn't see the flaxen mane and tail.

Latest posts

Back