What color donkey is this?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdomep

Reaction score
2-stud_jpg.jpg

This is my friends jacks 28" sire and Elvis is the same color.

Is there a sight that shows the different donkey colors?

thanks

Hes a gray, the gray shades can vary from gray to a tan-gray, to a light silver gray and all the way to a very dark charcoal color. Corinne

MeadowRidge Farm said:
Hes a gray, the gray shades can vary from gray to a tan-gray, to a light silver gray and all the way to a very dark charcoal color.  Corinne
356225[/snapback]

Wow - learn something new every day ;) I have seen some listed as red/red sorrel and didn't know if that was it
smile.gif

Thanks

Wouldn't it be great to have a "BOOK FOR DUMMIES" on coloring of donkeys and horses..haha. I have a 4 day old jack, and I was told that he is a "pink-sorrel", just like his Mom. His picture is on the post right below..."We have a baby", I'm still not convinced this is his color! Anyone care to guess his color? Shawna????? Corinne

Take a look at my site, I've got a good variety of colors. Sweet Pea, we thought was a brown (chocolate) when born, but she's this beautiful slate gray with dark tan muzzle that's black around lips. She's very pretty. Bittersweet is a black NLP (No Light Points), not a real common color, as is our new little Moonie, also black NLP, no relation to BS, suprised to get that color out of a gr/wh spot and brown. Hershey is your average dark brown, Hannah your average gray. Cloud is a Pink Sorrel, his sire is a true sorrel (also pictured). and our most unusual is our jack Dandy, as he is a dark russet sorrel w/ roaning. Never seen a mini colored like this, but super common color in Mammoth donks, thankfully he's only 32"! It is www.hoofweb.com/dbarj .Sweet Pea and Hannah are both reg. as gray's, both boys are sorrels, just goes to show there is a wide range!

Sorry, I can't help much with donkey colors.
unsure.gif
Mules, I can do.

Latest posts

Back