What Clippers to Buy?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deb E

Reaction score
I have been using Oster A5 and they are not making it for me. I recognize they are just not powerful enough to clip 3-4 horses in a day for a show. What clippers do you use that you really like and where do you get the best buys?

I bought the andis acg 2 speed. I paid $90-95.00 on ebay.They had a ton of them I just took my time,saved me some money
aktion033.gif
. I don't show just wanted something to get the winter fuzzies off. I did probably 6 minis and a dog twice,they've been great
yes.gif

Double K's I have 2, one for clipping and one for sanding their feet. I wouldn't own anything else. You can get them from anywhere, just look on line for pricing. I think I paid 325 for mine if I remember.

Never had or tried the Double Ks, but would love too.

I have the Andis ACG 2 speeds and they do the job for me nicely. I have clipped many horses with them. Just have to have a couple sets of blades to rotate as they will get hot on you.

Double K's are definitely the strongest clipper out there. However, I find them bulky and tiresome to use, so I have the Laube Lazors. I have used the Laube Lazors for the past twelve years clipping minis once a month for halter classes and they haven't let me down. They are easily portable too.

Andrea

Andis super AGR plus rechargable clipper with ceramic blade. Use it on my dogs too.

Latest posts

Back