What clippers are best?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lil_miss_sunshine

Reaction score
Hi Everyone

I was just wondering what clippers are best (in your opinon) to do the bodies with? I have Andis AGC2 and they are great for the heads and legs, but they do get quite hot quite quickly, so I am looking for a bigger/more powerful set to do their bodies with, what can you reccomend?

Thanks
default_wink.png

I have Andis AGC Super 2-Speeds too, and like them for heads, ears, bridle paths...

My favorite clippers are my Double K's. They go through even dirty, first clip furry coats like butter. They are awesome!!! I show clip the horses wet with them. They are my favorite ones but the combination of the Double K's and Andis works great for me
default_yes.gif

I love my laube Lightnings.

I have double K's too, They are great for getting that first lot of winter hair off.

I find them rather hard to manuvor though, espcially for heads/legs so I will sometimes use them on the body, but I mainly use my Laubes all over.

I have the Oster A5 Turbos and I HATE them...if it helps any. The old Golden A5s work better then the Turbo. It heats up WAY too fast no matter what I do. I LOVE the Double Ks....SO much better...am saving pennies for one!

I definitely could not get along without my Clipmasters. I can get those bodies done very fast in the spring when coats are so wooly. Second place goes to the Double K's for they are great when I need to use different size blades.
default_smile.png
Mary

I have Andies too and I really like them. It seems that the blades get hot fast so I have several sets of blades and just change them as they get hot. I would love a set of Double K's. I have heard that they are really good clippers. I just can't afford them yet.

I LOVE my Double K's
default_wub.png
They make clipping so much faster and easier and I'll never be without a set. I had to send them for a simple repair about a month ago and had to go back to using my Wahl KM-2's to finish clipping a few horses. I missed my Double K's and quickly remembered how easy they make the task of clipping. They are expensive, but worth every penny.

We also have Clipmasters and I hate them. They are big and bulky and loud. I have a brand new set that I am waiting for some person who loves Clipmasters to come along and buy. I wont be upset to send them on their way
default_rolleyes.gif
But, I know some people love them.

Have had good luck with Wahl KM-2's as well.

~Jen~

Latest posts

Back