What Celebrities Do You Admire?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jill

Aspiring Cowgirl
Reaction score
As a sort of spin off on another thread, I thought it would be fun to share what celebrities or famous people we admire.

I'm not very into Hollywood, but I am into politics. For that reason, most of my "favorites" are either talking heads or politicians. My list, in no particular order includes:

• Ann Coulter
  • Michelle Malkin
  • George W. Bush
  • Sarah Palin
  • Charles Krauthammer
  • Glenn Beck
  • Marco Rubio
  • Rand Paul
  • SE Cupp
  • Jan Brewer

These are some of the people I'd cross the street to meet.

What about you? Who are your favorite celebrities or famous people you admire?

Interesting subject, Jill. On my travels through life and having once been married into the biz for several years , I have met many Hollywood/Singer types. Some who were truly lovely people and spring to mind, were...

Tony Curtis

Lee J. Cobb

Lorne Green

Johnny Mathis

Jane Mansfield

The most rude and nastiest person I ever met, was Frank Sinatra. His son on the other hand, was extremely nice.

People I'd love to meet, would be Queen Elizabeth, Prince Charles, President Obama. Lots to discuss with each of them.

I would love to have met many of my ancestors, especially the writers among them and my favourite author, Thomas Hardy.

Lizzie

Famous people don't do much for me but the one that I do admire is, Betty White.

Interesting replies
default_yes.gif

I forgot someone I like a whole lot -- Dennis Miller
default_biggrin.png
I was a fan even before I was into politics. He's just so smart, quick and funny!

The Dalai Lama

Aung San Suu Kyi

Nelson Mandela

I greatly admire these three for their wisdom, their humanity, and their ability and willingness to forgive.

While I may at times be entertained, I do not admire those celebrated for their snarkiness or their ability to earn large amounts of money.

Last edited by a moderator:
I also admire The Dalai Lama....

For political "celebrities" I like Marco Rubio and Paul Rand.

For movie celebrities ........I have to look to those who have passed...... I wish I could have met Katherine Hepburn AND Audrey Hepburn. Both were amazing women in the public eye, IMO.

Come on over REO, I'll take you down to Sheriff Joe's, lol

I think it's great that no one said Michael Moore!
default_smile.png

Shirley Temple Black

Sally Starr

Chief Halftown

lots more, just three odd ones off the top of my head.

Michael Moore, ;) Oh, and Bill Maher... The only reason I subscribe to HBO

Oh, if we are adding politicians... Bill Clinton and Obama too

REO, I admire your thinking!

I too admire Sheriff Joe Arpaio;right off the top of my head, the only other who occurs to me right now is actor Gary Sinise.

For the most part, as 'celebrities' go, I could name a BUNCH more that I can't stand than of those I admire!There ARE some I like, not sure I'd go so far as to say 'admire', though...for me, there's a difference.

Margo

The other day on FOX, one of the anchors indicated he's NO fan of Sheriff Joe, which surprised me. He mentioned "self promotion", and I don't remember what else... I think it was Cavuto, but also now am not clear on if it was him, or Shepherd Smith? Or....? But it caught my attention since I, like many of you, do also admire Sheriff Joe and he's been on FOX so frequently (including since I've heard the remark last week or so).

I admire some celebrities for their talent and ability to entertain, but that's about as far as it often goes. I could probably rattle off a couple dozen names, but that would be decidedly un-uplifting
default_biggrin.png

Is this like a 4-H question and we need to add reasons? anyhow here goes:

Celine Dion for her determination to become a Mother.

Princes William & Harry for their humanitarian efforts, following in their Mothers footsteps.

Bill Gates for his contributions and efforts to fight poverty and help educate

Laura Bush for her efforts to help educate

Nancy Reagan for standing firmly by her husband

Hillary Clinton for the same reason, plus she smart as heck!

President Obama for his determination and preserverence in the face of adversity, and other reasons too many to list

Michele Obama for her efforts to end childhood obesity.

I may think of some more later.

He mentioned "self promotion", and I don't remember what else... I think it was Cavuto, but also now am not clear on if it was him, or Shepherd Smith? Or....? But it caught my attention since I, like many of you, do also admire Sheriff Joe and he's been on FOX so frequently (including since I've heard the remark last week or so).
IMO the Fox guy - whoever it was (I can't remember either) - is right. Sadly, Sheriff Joe is more about finding a way to stay in the spotlight these days in any way possible as opposed to his ways of handling prisoners etc. in the past. Then, it was about procedures and doing what he felt was right and getting impressive results. Now, it does seem more like endless self-promotion and playing politics - as evidenced by his highly self-touted "investigation" into Obama's birth certficate. It may have been the same Fox commentator who pointed out that IHO that entire thing was just a way to get Joe's name out there again... and nothing more. The "old" Sheriff Joe would not have bothered with that kind of self-important publicity stunt.
default_sad.png

My two friends who live in Maricopa County cannot stand him - and they are very conservative, proud Republicans.

Celebrities I admire? Admire is a strong word for someone I do not know personally... I will have to think on it...
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back