What can I get away with wearing?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kim Rule

Reaction score
I'm getting ready for a show in Blackfoot Idaho, and I will be showing in liberty, halter, doing versitility, and driving. It will be hot...probably in the 100's, and the indoor arena will be like an oven!!!
new_shocked.gif

So, I'm looking in my closet and trying to decide what I can wear. I have a bright pink light weight sweaterish sort of thing that I can put over white pants to show in halter. If my husband and I are showing in liberty, I suppose we should look similar, but I haven't the foggiest idea of what to put us in! We both have white shirts...short sleeved and long...and I think we both have black pants.

For versitility, I could do a black blouse with long, sheer sleeves that has white trim, and wear the white pants...(if they stay clean from halter!
rolleyes.gif
) Or I could wear them with black pants. I don't see myself running with Bilbo through the jumps wearing a skirt!

I WAS planning on wearing a creme colored crepe back silk blouse and a vest with a long black skirt for driving. But I can see myself sweating like a pig in it before my first class!
blink.gif
Silk is beautiful, until it gets those yucky stain marks under the arm pits!
thumbdown.gif
Now, I do have a lovely black crepe dress, that is cool and comfy to wear...however it is sleeveless. It matches my black hat, and will be very practical...but is it suitable to wear in the showring? I will be driving in Ammy, Ladies, and maybe a Stakes class. I will also drive in the obstacle class. Is there anything worse that watching a fat sweaty woman in a showring???

Okay, one more thing....I have a pair of brown gloves, and a pair of black. Do I wear gloves which compliment my outfit (black) or match my reins (brown)? The reins are black by the bit, and brown where my hands go...Or should I just wear one of each??
whistling.gif

Okay, I'm packing, but I'll be watching for your advice!!!!! (can you tell I'm getting excited about this???)

Kim R.

Can't help you with your outfits. One of my friends just moved up that way and was talking about this show. They aren't going to show because their horses haven't been worked during the move up there. They plan to show next year.

Good luck with your show and whatever you choose to wear.
smile.gif

I wouldn't wear white pants because there is no way that I would make it more than five minutes before I looked like I had gotten down and had a roll!!
new_shocked.gif
I would likely go with the black pants and black blouse, I usually lean toward darker colors so I can at least have the illusion of being clean. I also think that I would go with the sleeveless dress and black gloves. Good luck and have fun!!!!
wink.gif

Kim, from the forecasts I've seen, it isn't supposed to be anywhere near as hot as last year-- mid nineties on the first day and then down into the EIGHTIES for the second day-- cold front, lol!!
wink.gif

I think the sleeveless crepe dress would be fine. Oh, and wear gloves that complement your outfit, not your harness.
smile.gif

See you there!!
aktion033.gif

Kim,

[SIZE=21pt]Go Naked!
new_shocked.gif
[/SIZE]

I know the local law enforcement and might be able to keep you out of jail. But our state mental hospital is in Blackfoot.

We bringing in a big fan and mister. The morning are much cooler this year so it shouldn't be sooo hot. We have recieved more entries and I am guessing we will have close to 150 horses. woohooo. We have 34 youth showing!
smile.gif

See you Thursday!

Tammi

i know at our shows here in illinois if its hot the judges call for a relaxed dress code due to heat. i also would never wear white pants to show in lol.

TeeDee,

Although I have been accused of being an exhibitionist, I think I will bow gracefully to you and allow you to be the naked one!
biggrin.gif

I am hoping it won't be so hot, but in Boise for tomorrow, they are forecasting 105!!! I hope that doesn't find it's way to Blackfoot!

I may be leaving the white pants at home...or someone may be telling stories on me after the show! (See Kim in the pants with the dirty knees? They used to be white!)

Kim R.

I am hoping it will be that cool and the internet weather magic found is right but i am sure not counting on it as the local weather is saying something very different for blackfoot but either way it will be a great show!

and I am not driving so I should make it there without a tow truck this time
wink.gif

I am wearing a short sleeved blouse to show in. that is the one thing I always loved about minis is many people show in different things and you dont have to wear the full on western pleasure halter type of outfits

Usually like others have said they will say "relaxed dress" if the show is hot.......

What I do, is if the judges are wearing Jackets still then wear jackets - if not then you can get by with other shirts just fine.

Definelty for driving just go for a nice sleevess or shortsleeve sun dress.

Latest posts

Back