~What can I do with my Miniatures~

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MiniLover2006

Reaction score
As some might know, I am a new Miniature Horse mommy. I have a mare and a yearling colt. They are both very sweet and willing. :bgrin

I am trying to find something that both me and my horses will enjoy. I don't plan on showing until this time next year. I am going to be getting a cart and a harness with in the next couple months.

The things I do now with them is take them for a walks, groom them, and give them lots of love. I am also working with my yearling on ground driving.

I do plan on taking them to our annual Christmas parade.

I just would like to spend more time teaching them different things....
default_yes.gif
:

Any ideas will be greatly appreciated
default_wub.png
:

You could try trick training, its always a lot of fun! I am going to start working with mine to bow and rear on command also lay down and rollover. Trick training is always so much fun, for both you and your horse! Another thing you could try is your mini(s) to nursing homes, hospitals, schools, etc, just be sure that they have the right temperment and are calm and love people. And of course there is showing in halter, jumping, driving, etc (which you already have in mind)
default_wink.png
: . Well those are some of the things I do with mine, hope it helped! :bgrin

In loving memory of Smokie (pictured in images below at about 4 months old):

Nursing home visit~

Smokieinanursinghome.jpg

FamilypicssenttoBabe061.jpg

Birtday party~

Natesb-daychurchpotluck203.jpg

Smokieatabirthdayparty.jpg

Smokie is about 7 months old in the pics. below:

Fair~

Smokieandppl.jpg

Smokieinbuilding.jpg

Smokieandlilcowboys.jpg

Howsweet.jpg

Princess at a horse show:

Princess-1.jpg

Ridleysminis007.jpg

Yeah...next year I plan on showing in halter, driving classes and a few others.

Those are some really cute pictures you have Lil' Horse Lover. So cute!

default_wink.png
: Trick training sounds fun but I wouldn't know where to start...
default_unsure.png
:

I would recammend getting some trick training books, I have one called "Tricknometry" (spelling). Its a really good book. Just start with the basics such as shaking head yes and no, kisses, etc. Just simple things like that. But I would recammend getting a trick training book if that is something that you are interested in. Well good luck with whatever you decide to do!!!!
default_wink.png
:

I drive and drag him around town
default_smile.png

Deacon's travels

Little Horse Luver... where did you get that diaper? My guy so needs one of those, lol. Mine hooks to a harness, its not self-contained like that one...

I'm not one for teaching tricks. I had one breeder tell me that what looks like a cute trick might come back to haunt you in the show arena (pawing, shaking head etc.)

Anyway, during the winter when it's too cold and sloppy to work outside (Wisconsin), we work on trail obstacles. You can work on going over poles (at a walk), side passing, backing thru poles, turns with one set of feet inside a hoola hoop, ground tying, even walking on a plank or teeter totter. While I don't have an indoor arena, I can work on each one of these things individually in the barn aisle. You can do all of these even with a weanling and it's good training for everything in the shows since they learn to "listen" to you and obey.

there's lots a mini can do! lets see here...

Ghost can jump:

jumping023.jpg

and go to starbucks :lol:

Starbucks001.jpg

and show the big horseys who's boss

Shire003.jpg

and play dress up (4th july)

julyfourth003.jpg

and Charm can play tickle monster:

charmanddad009-2.jpg

and go trick or treating (he was a post-man/pony express and i was a messed up package)

HalloweenNight2006001.jpg

HalloweenNight2006004.jpg

ghost does a few tricks, and i will be showing these two next show season. i just got a training harness for ghost yesterday, and charm will drive when he gets older. hope that helps!

You guys have such cute pictures! I love it how you took them trick or treating! I am going to do that next year. That will be fun!

I think I am going to set up some jumps tomorrow, that will be interesting...:p

Ghost looks so tiny compared to that horse!

Charm is adorable!

I need to get a hoola hoop to practice with the trail....thats the only thing I don't seem to have....

I don't think trick training would be for me because I wouldn't want the "Tricks" to occur in the show ring........But it does seem interesting.....

Nathan Luszcz- Oh my....you took your pony into petsmart....thats so cute!!!!

Deacon is so pretty! I love his coloring!

Thanks everyone!

I drive and drag him around town
default_smile.png

Deacon's travels

Little Horse Luver... where did you get that diaper? My guy so needs one of those, lol. Mine hooks to a harness, its not self-contained like that one...

I got mine from my neighbor Diana Mays. To contact her and see what she does you can go to her website here: www.bunbag.com. And you can get her e-mail address and phone number there. Just be sure to let her know you want a mini sized one. They work really well, I was really happy with mine!

My two mini's have hidden magnets.....every day as I walk by their pen I have to kiss them, it happens just like the sun rise each morning!!!
default_smile.png

I drive them and have taken my smaller one to a rehab center to visit a friend. We've done a couple open shows and a parade. Just generally do what blows in our direction because the two little guys are so incredibly sweet and happy to do silly things for their "humans." :bgrin

Latest posts

Back