What breed of dog

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sterling

Reaction score
I do most of my brainstorm thinking in the shower. I'm out of the shower now and got to thinking
biggrin.gif
....do the dogs I own best describe and compliment my personalitiy? I think so!! Here's what I found out bout my dogs and their personalities that are very similar to mine. So I would be ...........

Cane Corso - Fiercely devoted and protective of my family. Wary of strangers yet comfortable with them once I know they mean to do me or the ones I love no harm. Very warm, friendly and affectionate almost to the point of being a goof! Tall, long legs (not big feet tho thank you God!!!
laugh.gif
) Can be a couch potato yet when outdoors love to run and play endlessly.

Boxer - Affectionate, friendly, strong willed and hard headed. When I'm tired you know it...tend to get "Boxer burn" if I have not gotten enought sleep the night before. Definitely independant and love company, yet love my time alone as well. Don't mind sharing my toys and food with my siblings. You can say I'm a dork and a clown at times.
yes.gif

I think I would be a cross between a Cane Corso and a Boxer!!!
yes.gif
What about you?

f29126aa.jpg

f248b35a.jpg

Hmmm, so where do you find the description of breed personality traits.

I've had so many breeds of dogs over my lifetime and loved them all to

pieces.........but I'm not sure our personalities were similar.......they

qualified as being lovable just by having 4 legs and fur and being able

to bark. I can love any dog.......
yes.gif

biggrin.gif
What beautiful dogs! I just love them! I bet you all have lots of good times with these two. I'm sure visitors wait before getting out of vehicles. I sure would. I don't guess I have the personality of any particular breed; just generic. I'm gentle but protective, will bite if provoked. I've had many dogs during my lifetime. Most were mixed breeds that were strays or thrown away by others. To me, they were my best friends.
yes.gif

LOL,

Joan

No doubt about it, I'm a terrier, or perhaps a terrier/poodle mix. Smart, stubborn, vocal. I refuse to back down from anything, even those many times my size, and I have no respect for authority. While I clean up pretty well, most of the time I'm a bit scruffy looking.

I'm a doberman. Loyal, protective, loving. I miss having one again. My schipperke is a dobe reborn in a little body.

Hey, why guess? You can do this scientific questionaire and discover exactly what kinda doggie you would be:

http://quiz.ivillage.co.uk/uk_astrology/tests/dogs.htm

Apparently, I am primarily Lhasa Apso, which is cool as that's similiar to my beloved shih-tzu's. However, I've got a dash of Jack Russell Terrier (one of my least favorite kinds of dogs -- sorry!), and a tiny bit of Saint Bernard!!!

dog13.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I was 42.9% Cocker Spaniel, 28.6% Jack Russell Terrier and 28.6% Lhasa Apso. LOL I have never had any of those breeds. I love all dogs.

Fran

But if you guys "were" a dog which one would you be going on your personality traits or even looks ?!!

Jill.....what do you click on for that site to get to the dog quiz? I only see romance type quizes.

While I clean up pretty well, most of the time I'm a bit scruffy looking.
LOL !!!!

Joan--LOL...thank you! Yes people think twice about approaching my property. Have even had people do the quick walk away when they knock on my door and I answer and they see my dogs standing next to me.
wacko.gif

Another terrier here, but I'm definately not little nor cute
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

Thanks Jill....cute quiz....I scored

#1 German Shepherd

#2 Jack Russell

#3 Lhasa Apso

Hmmmm, I scored 42.9% on the German Shepard and the Jack Russell. The Jack Russell is the next dog we want to get.

I've had all kinds of dogs throughout my life from chihuahuas to chows to a blue tick coonhound (now).

senny.jpg

Hubby has had a black lab and a GSP. I think he would be a lab: loves to hunt, loves to please master
wink.gif
, likes to be petted and loved himself.

I'm on my way to do the quiz now. The way my life is right now, I'd say that I am probably an English Bulldog. I'm fat and lazy and I love to go for rides in cars.
rolleyes.gif

Be back with my quiz results.......

LOL!! That was fun. I got 57.1% St Bernard and 14.3 % each for the following, German Shepherd, Jack Russell, Cocker Spaniel.

HUm.........I own a Cocker..........guess what my number one was???

You scored 42.9% Cocker Spaniel

The Cocker Spaniel feels the need to please. She tends to become overly submissive in her mission to make everyone happy but makes up for it with her sensitive nature. A brisk walk around the block is right up her alley, but she prefers to spend a good part of her time indoors. Her silky hair tends to become tangled, and regular grooming sessions are necessary to keep her looking her best. The accommodating Cocker Spaniel is truly a loving and trusted friend as well as an ideal companion.

You scored 28.6% German Shepherd

The German Shepherd is a workaholic. Intent on business, this loyal breed is always on patrol. Suspicious of strangers, she defends her territory with a fierce reproach. When it comes to affection, she is tender and loving toward her pack and feels a deep responsibility for their well-being. Mental and physical exercise both appeal equally to the German Shepherd, and her intelligence is further enhanced by her dedicated nature. When it comes to dependability, the German Shepherd has the market cornered.

You scored 14.3% Saint Bernard

The Saint Bernard is a devoted and gentle giant. Her calm personality allows her to relate well to children and adults alike while satisfying her need for companionship. She is at home in nature and enjoys exercise. Her coat requires weekly brushing to keep it neat and can be left long or cut short for versatility. She's relaxed in most situations, and her easy-going nature can't be beaten.

You scored 14.3% Lhasa Apso

The Lhasa Apso may be petite, but she's very tough. Always ready to romp, her daily exercise requirements may leave her companions winded. Fond of her loved ones, she is likely to cuddle up with them at night, content to be doted on. Her long coat requires regular maintenance but is sure to turn heads when properly styled. The feisty and exhuberant little Lhasa Apso has a well-earned reputation for her lovability.

You scored 0% Jack Russell Terrier

This pint-sized explorer is the Dr Livingstone of the canine world. Always ready for adventure, the Jack Russell Terrier is known to wander off at a moment's notice. Her life is never dull, and entertainment is key. Accepting in nature, she makes friends easily and is usually the center of attention wherever she goes. Her high energy and upbeat personality make the Jack Russell Terrier a fun-loving part of any family.

new_shocked.gif
Gee, I am a mix! 28.6 St. Bernard, 28.6 Cocker Spaniel, 14.3 German Shepherd, 14.3 Jack Russell, and 14.3 Lhasa Apso!

This was fun. Thanks
yes.gif

1. Lhasa Apso

2. Cocker

3. German Shepard

4. Jack Russell

5. St Bernard

Where's my YORKIES!

saludando.gif
Terrier/poodle, wolf here hardheaded, semi-trainable family loyal I tend to be alpha and fighrt for it.

bluetaterbaby said:
biggrin.gif
What beautiful dogs! I just love them! I bet you all have lots of good times with these two. I'm sure visitors wait before getting out of vehicles. I sure would. I don't guess I have the personality of any particular breed; just generic. I'm gentle but protective, will bite if provoked. I've had many dogs during my lifetime. Most were mixed breeds that were strays or thrown away by others. To me, they were my best friends. 
yes.gif

LOL,

Joan

467857[/snapback]

Hmmm

You scored 42.9% Saint Bernard

The Saint Bernard is a devoted and gentle giant. Her calm personality allows her to relate well to children and adults alike while satisfying her need for companionship. She is at home in nature and enjoys exercise. Her coat requires weekly brushing to keep it neat and can be left long or cut short for versatility. She's relaxed in most situations, and her easy-going nature can't be beaten.

You scored 28.6% German Shepherd

The German Shepherd is a workaholic. Intent on business, this loyal breed is always on patrol. Suspicious of strangers, she defends her territory with a fierce reproach. When it comes to affection, she is tender and loving toward her pack and feels a deep responsibility for their well-being. Mental and physical exercise both appeal equally to the German Shepherd, and her intelligence is further enhanced by her dedicated nature. When it comes to dependability, the German Shepherd has the market cornered.

You scored 14.3% Cocker Spaniel

The Cocker Spaniel feels the need to please. She tends to become overly submissive in her mission to make everyone happy but makes up for it with her sensitive nature. A brisk walk around the block is right up her alley, but she prefers to spend a good part of her time indoors. Her silky hair tends to become tangled, and regular grooming sessions are necessary to keep her looking her best. The accommodating Cocker Spaniel is truly a loving and trusted friend as well as an ideal companion.

You scored 14.3% Jack Russell Terrier

This pint-sized explorer is the Dr Livingstone of the canine world. Always ready for adventure, the Jack Russell Terrier is known to wander off at a moment's notice. Her life is never dull, and entertainment is key. Accepting in nature, she makes friends easily and is usually the center of attention wherever she goes. Her high energy and upbeat personality make the Jack Russell Terrier a fun-loving part of any family.

That test is too limited with only 5 or 6 possible breeds......

anyway I would be a chow chow and anyone who has met me usually agrees
wink.gif
biggrin.gif
that or a bear
new_shocked.gif
I am terrified and fascinated by bears........

Well, guess I would have been disappointd if German Shepherd didn't come out somewhere on the top and it did at 28.6%

But I don't 'think' I resemble my Bearboy......LOL for one reason,

he's bigger than me.

Bear5-9-04.jpg

Next on the list was Lasa Apso at 28.6 %, 14.3 % for St. Barnyard; Jack Russell

and Cocker Spaniel.

Latest posts

Back