What blankets do you like?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LostandFound

Staff member
Reaction score
I have never liked to blanket my horses but I did see my girl shivering over the winter. So I'm thinking about getting her a light one and a heavy one just in case. What brands will give us a good fit and hold up and stay put on her?

I really like the blankets available from Star Point Horsemanship. They are well made and not horribly expensive. I like to have a waterproof sheet with a little fill and then a medium weight to use if they get a trace clip in the winter

I like Saxon blankets but the smallest they go is 48 inches. Also like Big Dees mini blankets with the velcro front. Schneiders Tack blankets are nice but fit my mini's a little short through the rump. One of mine wears a blanket with an integrated neck piece and he loves it, I thinks it's a Weatherbeeta. Tough One blankets never work for me without alterations, they are usually too tight in the chest so I have to stitch in a piece to make it right, but they do last well.

Last edited:
I have never liked to blanket my horses but I did see my girl shivering over the winter. So I'm thinking about getting her a light one and a heavy one just in case. What brands will give us a good fit and hold up and stay put on her?

I would recommend the Saxon too. They have a "No fill" one that acts a rain sheet , great protection from the wind also.

I usually buy whatever blanket is on sale as long as it is cute 🥰 And I try to buy 4 at a time so all my little boys match 😍 I have a sewing machine that I use to patch things up if I get tears or holes in my blankets. I like having waterproof turnout blankets on hand for everyone as well as stable blankets. Blankets are like shoes and purses, you can NEVER have too many 🤣

I usually buy whatever blanket is on sale as long as it is cute 🥰 And I try to buy 4 at a time so all my little boys match 😍 I have a sewing machine that I use to patch things up if I get tears or holes in my blankets. I like having waterproof turnout blankets on hand for everyone as well as stable blankets. Blankets are like shoes and purses, you can NEVER have too many 🤣
I know you love pretty! Do you embellish those blankets? I wouldn't have thought to buy all alike; I like having different colors for different sized horses.

I know you love pretty! Do you embellish those blankets? I wouldn't have thought to buy all alike; I like having different colors for different sized horses.

Marsha, you know I love pretty!! LOL !! 💕💕 Most of the blankets I buy have a tag that I can write their names on. I also like to have separate blanket bars for each horse so I know who’s blanket belongs to who.

Latest posts

Back