What Are Your Hobbies, Other Than Horses

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think you all should post pics of the things you do! Mary Lou I'd love to see your pressed flower cards!
default_yes.gif
If someone twists my arm... LOL

Some yarn

il_570xN.68962601.jpg

brecknockhillyarnjan2011.jpg

Art

urban_jungle_speckcase-p176166689638772723vu9uh_325.jpg

phantomflagTwosmall.jpg

I do Sci-Fi and abstract Art too, along with my photographs. Rather obsessed with Art.LOL

I don't have any photos of me doing Archery.

And photos of me reading would just be ...well...boring.
default_laugh.png

Can't wait to see everyone else's hobbies.

Well, I agree with the person who said dogs are not hobbies LOL... I have 4 of those in addition to my 2 minis and 1 large horse.

I also have chickens

182909_1859196916887_1149824875_2279286_3661337_n.jpg

I am a crochet fanatic and love to use hand dyed yarn:

26037_1366824287879_1149824875_1142501_2548594_n.jpg

and I love to garden, watch birds, do beadwork and hike!!!

Too much life, not enough time!

Is eating a hobby? lol...just kidding. I love cooking (and eating). Expecially soups, chilis, Thai, and Indian food, and seafood. And, just to toot my own horn, I don't know anyone else that can perfectly grill a piece of meat like me
default_yes.gif
I'm very manly that way lol

Love reading, especially horror: Dean Koontz, Charlaine Harris, and Peter Staub are among my faves

Huge movie fan

Eating out and traveling are high on the list but I don't do either nearly enough

Playing Tennis, but I haven't done that nearly enough over the last few years, either.

Besides horses, I love spending time with my boxer, Angel. We have been going to pack play, and are taking some dog agility classes. Lots of fun and have been meeting a lot of new interesting people.

I read constantly, even if I am just sitting at the table, if there is anything there, junk mail, I read. LOL I like lots of different books, from Nicolas Sparks to Anne Rice.

I collect snowmen and horsey items.

Hand spinning Yarn
I used to raise sheep and spin their wool. I no longer have the equipment and I really miss it. I'm always wanting to buy new carts and harnesses so buying a wheel has been pushed aside. Maybe I will be able to someday.

I also like camping and DIY projects around the house.

The members here all have such neat hobbies!!! I am especial envious of those who are artistic and crafty!

Well.. hobbies.. (horses!!)... showing.. playing, working with the horses... I use to do allot of art work.. I don't have as much time with that any more.. but I did get a chance to do a drawing recently for a gal for Christmas which was fun to do...

I also LOVE taking photos!! I LOVE photography!

001-1.jpg

my last drawing

Bay7Sept610-1.jpg

These are some of my photos I took this past fall... so much fun to take!

My some of you are so talented. This is really neat to see. Other than horses I enjoy working in the yard with flowers and plants, cooking, taking pictures, playing on the computer, fishing and reading.

Love seeing all the hobbies. Good thread Jill!

I do crafty things.... scrapbooking and cross stitching. Scrapbooking is mine main hobby right now. I starting doing beaded flowers a few years ago, but haven't done that in a while.

Also, collect antique and unusual horse figurines(miniature size). Love to read as well.

Hope to volunteer soon. I want to help with the local greyhound rescue.

Kim

Cooking, gardening, antiques, I collect old horse bits and my newest fish. Husband wanted an aquarium so I bought him one last year and I already want a bigger one. My dogs and going to cars shows with my husband he loves his hot rods. Great thread

IRIS'S!!!!

I have a 2 acre field FULL of Iris flowers that I collect, breed, grow.

I also like to go fishing, hunting, collect feathers which I make dreamcatchers, and collect bryer model horses.

I don't really know how to relax; I always seem to have my hands stay busy, but at night I fold laundry while watching tv so that's relaxing sorta. For hobbies other than horses I'd have to say music first. Love to sing, dance, and I've been playing piano as long as I've had fingers. I play other instruments also from time to time presently studying the hammered dulcimer but so far I stink at it. I love write stories, poems, and decorate everything and anything, and I also make candles and hand craft greeting cards.

cards044-1.jpg

cards046.jpg

cards040.jpg

cards051.jpg

cards008.jpg

I don't really know how to relax; I always seem to have my hands stay busy, but at night I fold laundry while watching tv so that's relaxing sorta. For hobbies other than horses I'd have to say music first. Love to sing, dance, and I've been playing piano as long as I've had fingers. I play other instruments also from time to time presently studying the hammered dulcimer but so far I stink at it. I love write stories, poems, and decorate everything and anything, and I also make candles and hand craft greeting cards.

cards044-1.jpg

cards046.jpg

cards040.jpg

cards051.jpg

cards008.jpg
Those are stunning cards Marty!!!
default_wub.png

Marty your cards are adorable!

Some very crafty people here!

I love fish keeping, I have a nice aquarium at home and a small one on my desk here at work. They are good time wasters.

I recently took the plunge and got my motorcycle licence. Hubby and I have done loads of trips and we have a blast. I still can't believe I ride a motorcycle!
default_new_shocked.gif

I enjoy reading, a little bit of everything really.

Marty, your cards are amazing!!

Lucky folks to receive something so beautiful and made with such love!
default_wub.png

I guess its kind of sad that I don't really have to many hobbies outside of the ponies, or that does not in someone involve the horses or related to. Between my hectic work schedule and barn time, then relaxing on the computer doing my normal horse stuff, there is little time to squeeze in anything else. However, I can list a couple...

There are a couple TV shows that I follow almost religously (Smallville and House) and I enjoy reading a book or storyline from time to time. I love spending time with my shih tzu "fur child" Sassy and grooming her and overall spoiling and making her feel special and loved
default_wub.png
. I enjoy taking my shih tzu for walks. I love to travel, sometime I will just go for a drive to pass time or get rid of stress. Music, all different sorts. Photography, although most of that is horse related, as well as the editing process.

I also love to do interior design and decoration - I'm actually pretty tallented at it. I wish I could have went farther with it and taken a career path with it, maybe one day....

I also enjoy good movies, and follow some of my favorite actors in their movies. Also I am a bit of a nerd, but I always had a thing for Greek Mythology (such a nerd, I know) and love reading/researching that.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have LOTS of interests, but don't either have the time or money for most of them at the moment...lol

Most of my time now is spent on the computer (reading, playing games), reading a good book (currently my fave author is Lisa Jackson), watching movies (preferably at home relaxing, but sometimes I enjoy a good movie at the theater), eating out (which has also been a LOT less now that I am losing weight), spending time with good friends and watching my fave TV shows.

Things I enjoy but don't do enough of...going to the beach (will do more as water gets warmer), going to theme parks (HUGE coaster junkie!), camping, and traveling.

Things I love, but have taken a break from due to various reasons, but hope to get back into are dragon boating (MISS it sooo much!!), and fish tanks.

Things I am interested in, but have yet to get into are fish ponds, vegetable gardening and cooking (yes, I do cook, but I really would like to make it like the "kitchen boss" show if that makes sense...lol)

Also, when I have a car to do this, I plan to become very involved with Special Olympics and Big Brother, Big Sister.

Back