What are your favorite summer meals?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine is fried chicken, num num num..... fresh potato salad with bacon and sweet onions,,,, watermelon, pasta salad with avacado, bacon, shrimp, tomato, eggs, and the darkest chocolate cake and frosting you can find!!!!!

okay my favorite summer meal........GREEN FRIED TOMATOES!
............ Yep and right now mine is fried yellow squash until the tomatoes are ready...... I have two squash plants & man are they producing in abundance - so much that I am throwing some away.

great thread! My friend at work was talking about this meal they always make when they go camping in the summer. He called it "hobo dinner"...you take some ground meat, sliced potatoes, onions, peppers, carrots, and whatever other veggie your heart desires, put seasoning on it (he said they just use seasoning salt and pepper)...wrap it all up together in foil in individual servings and put it on the fire...they used their firepit with a screen of course a grill does the same thing...I'm going to try it next week.

My all time favorite is fresh peas and butter and a little cream. But otherwise it is time for boiled lobster a nice mess of steamer clams with drawn butter and corn on the cob . I also love my daughter's macaroni salad with chicken pieces and potato salad that my friend makes its the best. We also love new cucumber sandwiches with miracle whip and salt and pepper. And the left overs if there are any are better still.

I think I need to do a national drive-by and stop at all your houses for some of that great cooking! I rarely cook any more. Too busy doing other things (that I mostly don't finish, LOL), and my husband isn't a cook either.

Since we have our own chickens we eat lots of chicken stuff. For supper my favorite summer meal is tons of crisp salad greens and baby spinach, topped with a bit of shredded cheddar, walnuts, dried cranberries, mandarin oranges, seasoned grilled chicken and Ken's Steakhouse Lite Sweet Vidalia Onion Dressing! I just LOVE those salads and could eat them forever!

We do very little grilling, unfortunately. I love grilled food!

I always try to make up some dish to keep in the fridge so we have something to go with the green salads. My favorite dish is homemade BBQ'd Beans with Apples. This recipe is on the jar of Randall's Great Northern Beans, and it's really good!

We also constantly have a big bowl of sliced watermelon, muskmelon, honeydew melon, and seedless red grapes in the fridge. We'll have a dish with a few meals each day.

Boy, the food you all are listing sounds good!
default_smile.png
Marty your ''virgin'' drink sounds good.....it reminds me kinda of orange julius. I bet yours are good!

Lisa....no air conditioning here either, just fans and hot air....my hot air and the actual weather :bgrin .....so lots of cold foods are good....I eat liter in the summer...pig out on the cool days. :bgrin I had a hot fudge sundae at DQ today.....a older lady wanted my parking spot and I hurried and rolled the sundae on the console of my truck. :eek:

I like sweet corn, fresh garden peas with new potaoes/butter. Johnsonville Brats grilled and cabbage on the grill with butter......Becky, I used to make a mean fresh strawberry ice cream, sometimes peach.....been a couple years since I've had it.

My mom's potato salad is yummy.......any melons, fruit salads.

Hey, all you fried green tomato lovers....everytime I hear that dish...I wanna remember the movie with Kathy Bates in it......TA---WANDA :bgrin

Last edited by a moderator:
Reading through this thread -- again -- this morning
default_rolleyes.gif
:
default_rolleyes.gif
:
default_rolleyes.gif
: What I think is that I should extend an invitation to all of you to come for a visit and bring a covered dish :bgrin :bgrin :bgrin How's today at noon sound??????

I love reading all these meals. I have to add another of my favorite meals in the summer when it is ohhh so hot out...subs made with lots of veggies and cold cuts ... left in the fridge a few hours before serving so all the mayo and pepper ring juice has really soaked into the rest of the layers. (with just a few of those sworn off potato chips and garlic pickles)

Latest posts

Back