What are your exciting crosses for 2009'

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leeana

Reaction score
Its early, but im sure everyone is giving it some thought at the moment. Thought this would be a fun post to see what is in the pre making for 2009
default_laugh.png
. Below are my two currently planned crosses. Yes, foals next year and i am thrilled with both
default_smile.png
default_wub.png

Little Kings Junior Jinx X East Acres Cotton Candy

East Acres Cotton Candy 34" Overo Mare

Candy.jpg

candylb2.jpg

X

Little Kings Junior Jinx 34" Buckskin son of Little Kings Buckwheat

Image2site.jpg

(Jinx is owned by Sheryl)

Foal will be AMHR Futurity Nominated.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Westwind BTU Crown Prince Narko X Irish Hills Wa-Full Benita

Irish Hills Wa-Full Benita AMHR/ASPC 38" Buckskin Mare

benitasite.jpg

X

Westwind BTU Crown Prince Narko AMHR 33" Palomino BTU Line Bred Stallion

22-2.jpg

(pictured above as a yearling, need new pictures)

Foal will be AMHR Futurity Nominated.

Lets see what you have in the making
default_smile.png
. Im just so excited as next year will be my first year with foals on the ground
default_wub.png

Last edited by a moderator:
default_wub.png
Well since we aren't expecting untill 2010.

Im just saying I call first dibs on Benita and Narko's "Buckskin Filly
default_rolleyes.gif
default_wub.png
"

These are our mares;;
306042672.jpg

These are our stallions;;
305688720.jpg

306572595.jpg

I've got about 7 mares in line for my tovero FWF Little Wardance son and another 7-ish in line for my Toyland few spot that has sired 3 foals to date that include a black near leopard filly, a bay filly w/app characteristics, a LOUD true black leopard colt that I unfortunately lost
default_no.gif
08' is his second foal crop and so far I am on cloud nine. Can't wait until next year. Also have two mares off two states away being bred to homozygous appys!

I'm already excited about 2009!!! On the bottom part of my foals page (link), I have more information but here is basically what I have, or will soon have, in the works.

2009 will be my FIRST year to have foals from one of my big time dreams come true, the stallion I co-own with Erica, Erica's Echos of My Destiny, who is National Champion, Halter Hall of Fame and many time Grand Champion in both Registries. Destiny is a grandson of both Double Destiny and Buck Echo. He is pictured below and he is current breeding or has bred my two perlino BTU granddaughters. I betcha we get some buckskin Buckeroo bred babies!

Destiny%20Foals.jpg
(Destiny)

Double%20Foals.jpg
-
Sweetie%20Foals.jpg

(Double and Sweetie)
Then, second but only in this post, 2009 will be the second foal crop for my boy, Erica's Gone and DunIT. His 2008 foal crop is "only" two strong but I'm tickled with what he's put on the ground and he'll be busy this spring with some of my best mares. DunIT's bragging rights beyond his 2008 babies are AMHR National Top 10 (halter), AMHA Honor Roll (halter) and many time Halter Champion. He's a grandon of both BTU and Yellow Diamond Little Feather and a great grandson of Egyptian King. I may cut back one of the mares and "only" three to him (as 6 foals is "a lot" for me in one year), but for now, this is what I have planned on his date card.

DunIT%202007%20VMHC%20Summer%20Classic%20--%20170%20FOR%20FOALS%20PAGE.jpg
(DunIT)

HOPE%202007%20VMHC%20Summer%20Classic%20--%20037%20MARES.jpg
-
Maddie%20--%20Foals.jpg
-
Lou.jpg
-
Khaki.jpg

(Hope, Maddie, Lou and Khaki)
NEAT thread, Leeana
default_yes.gif

Well pictures can be seen on my website but these are the following crosses:

GOAT HILLS ONE FOR THE BOOKS

will be bred to:

Minni Spark Black Blinker No5

Cherokee Stables Ohso Dandy

Sharptails Peanut Butter

Benviews Special Dawn

Leaning Pines Harlequin Romance

Benview Christina

Sweetwaters Little Carmelita

CROSS COUNTRY NEW KID IN TOWN

will be bred to:

Risquefishers Winter Sky

Timberyork's Inquisitive Embrace(maybe)

Unquestionably Cute Jypsy Rose SPH(maybe)

I am breeding three maybe four mares this year, although one mare is for sale.

Party doll and Shadow are being bred to Res World Grand Champion Jr Stallion, Hunt House Farms Medalion.

aks_miniatures009021.jpg
aks_miniatures009001.jpg

Medalion

photo-full.jpg

Analisa and Little Miss are being bred to Ravenwood Mr Magnificent for his first foals.

aks_miniatures009019.jpg
aks_miniatures010016.jpg

Diego (Mr Magnificent)

aks_miniatures006016.jpg

I plan on seeing what I can do to make another Rosie and another Claire.
default_yes.gif
Maybe 2009 will be the year I get a colt!
default_biggrin.png

I plan on breeding my Buckeroo grandson,

EJH Bucks Spotlight to:

White Mountain Mariah

J&S Estates Bookers Lady

Leslie

Nothing RIGHT now... But that may change in less then a month
default_whistling.gif

But for 2010 I will be expection 2 foals from my mares. Stallions are still pending as I will be breeding to outside boys.
default_wub.png

One for us next year:

By the really cool little stallion { CELEBRATIONS PRINCE ROYALE } who is by CHARLES LEGACY ROYAL out of CELEBRATIONS TENNESSE PRINCESS

Out of the stunning Multi National Titled mare { CELEBRATIONS TENNESSEE MAIDEN } who is by PRINCE TENNESSEE OF MONASHEE out of JUST SMALL TALK . Photo is in my avatar.

VERY excited about this foal!
default_aktion033.gif

ROYALE1.jpg

default_aktion033.gif
We are really excited to be breeding our newest stallions this year for 2009 foals.

We have already bred 3 of our mares to our cremello stallion
default_yes.gif
[SIZE=12pt]Little Kings Junior Jupiter [/SIZE] , J.J. is by

Little Kings Little Buckeroo X Alvadars Double Destiny daughter you can view J.J. and his pedigree at

http://www.abcfarm.net/Stallion%20Page.htm

and our bay stallion
default_wub.png
[SIZE=12pt]COH Buccarra Bourbon[/SIZE] has planned breedings to 3 of our ladies.

Bourbon is by

Little Kings Buckeroo Buccarra X Boones Little Midnight Special he can also be seen along with his pedigree at http://www.abcfarm.net/Stallion%20Page.htm

default_laugh.png
we patiently await the birth of their first babies......................

Oh, this is a fun thread! Beautiful horses, everyone!
default_yes.gif

We're leasing a stallion for this year so will be breeding most of our mares to him since he'll be here just for the one year. Sad for my leopard stallion, CCMF Spotted Illusion, but "Louie" will still likely get a couple of mares. We'll have to see, because the mares seem to MUCH prefer the new-on-the-scene, sweet-talking stallion, lol! Here's a pic of Louie (not body clipped):
s_louie_00.jpg
and I plan to breed him to Magic Mist Wildfire
mare_wildfire_02.jpg
for a repeat of this year's foal, which is a beautiful, loud appy filly. And to Vi's Sugar Buck's Dominique,
m_dominique.jpg
a perlino mare, for a hopefully buckskin appaloosa foal.

This is Windy Woods Speckled Ice, not body clipped or in show shape:
iceside3sm.jpg
He is a cremello, homozygous pinto, carrying a dun and agouti gene. He'll be bred to most of my breeding-age mares (4 years old and up, since all the three year olds will be showing this year). This will be our biggest breeding year ever, but it's still "only" ten mares being bred, and one of the mares has been sold. I don't want to fill this up with any more pics and make it tough to download; You can see our mares on our website, here is the link to page one of our mares page:

Magic Mist Miniatures Mares The mares are listed from oldest to youngest, and the first mare is retired.

I'm really enjoying this thread, thanks for starting it!
default_biggrin.png

Great thread!

My most anticipated pairing for 2009 is:

Glenns General Patton (owned by the Patton Dynasty)

patton.jpg

Little Kings Shes A Buckin Beauty (leased by us, owned by Martha Gale, Pine Ridge Farm)

buckinbeauty.jpg

In 2010 I'm breeding Shoo Fly Acres Buttercup to First Knights Billy Idol!
default_aktion033.gif

If all goes well this summer, I should have 2 foals next year. I'm excited because these will be my first home breds, and I am completely in love with these horseys.

Princess

HerdGallop013web.jpg

PrinnGhost013.2small.jpg

and Sugar

HerdGallop037crop.jpg

both of them going to be bred to Freedom, who can be seen

http://www.freewebs.com/caspersminihorses/Freedom.htm

(i need better un-fuzzy pics of him, probably gonna get clipped this weekend. He's beginning to shed out into a verrrry pretty boy!)

default_wub.png
beautiful crosses everyone!
default_wub.png

I am breeding my darling Alladdin:

liz3.jpg

To BBFs Silver Stepper:

stepperNfoal.jpg

I have also been breeding him to Flirt, but she hasn't settled yet and I don't know if I'll keep trying. I have gone back and forth on it.

CP2007-grandchamp1.jpg

I am so excited for the baby from Stepper and Alladdin. Stepper's babies are so very pretty. My little girl from her from last year is just exquisite.

undefined

Oh my!!!!!! This is an easy question today. I crossed my wallet, with my mares and came up empty, this year. So, I don't think I'll repeat that breeding.
default_no.gif

I am breeding Solitaire and Dream back to Renegade for next year.....

Renegade:

Stick.jpg

Dream:

Dream.jpg

And Solitaire:

Soltrot1.jpg

Then I am breeding Melody and Nutmeg to Grays Smoke Signal for next year. He is a son of Shadow Oaks Cock Robin, and he is also the great grandsire to Sonoita Highlands Darth Vader (way too many titles to even list here), Sonoita Highlands Infatuation(World Champ Top Ten Mare), Sonoita Tender Too Kiss (many champion titles in the show ring), Sonoita Tender Too Caress and Sonoita Tender To Hypnotize, who is sire of Sonoita Known To Hypnotize (Multi Champion AMHA Top Ten Gelding)

Grays Smoke Signal:

Bob.jpg

Melody: (not a great picture)

Melleft.jpg

Nutmeg:

Nutmegprettyface6_9_07.jpg

Latest posts

Back