What are you making for

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Candleliteranch

Reaction score
I have to make something and have no clue what I want to bring! I always bring Calico Beans or Linguini salad as requested by my Dad. I'm so tired of making the same old thing! So what are you making?

I copied this off another thread:

Big huge bash here with 10 thousand kids and friends of Dan's and ours and extended family, good neighbors, party in the yard extremely LOUD music and of course Beach Boys stuff, dancing, torches at night with tons of fireworks. Party starts about 1:00pm. YOU ARE ALL WELCOME TO JOIN US!

We're grilling hot dogs, burgers and chickens. Dan's the barbequer guy and I'm making the traditional potatoe salad, macaroni salads, baked beans, stuffed deviled eggs, corn on the cob. On the cake thing, I'm cheating. I bought a Pillsbury 4th of July cake mix and matching frosting called Stars and Stripes. I'm doing melon balls this year. Scooping out water melons with and ice cream scoop, then honeydew melon balls and cantelope balls with a small scoop., serving in clear plastic see through cups and topped with whipped cream. I"m making brownies too plus there will be chips and dips of all kinds. For drinks we'll have Suntea, assorted soda and Koolade.

Gosh Marty! I'm not making anything, I'm just gonna come eat with you guys! Sounds YUMMY!

Off to a horse show here, so no big 4th party planned. We are going to take our little grill and do some sausages and dogs. But we do that at every show, so no biggie. I'm just glad I don't have to spend any money on fireworks this year.
default_aktion033.gif

I am working but I am bringing this to work.

great dip recipe.

Its called "Jezebelle"

Sounds weird, looks funny, tastes great and best of all no cooking!

3/4 jar of horse radish, mixed with full jar of apricot preserves. Mix well. Let it sit over night in refrigerator.

Pour mixture over 2 blocks of softened to room temp Philadelphia cream cheese.

Use Ritz crackers. You need the salty cracker with the tang of the horse radish , sweetness of the preserves and the creamy texture of the cream cheese, its great!

It will just be myself and Harvey
default_smile.png

We are having tomato / fresh mozzarella salad, filet mignon from Kansas City Steaks on the grill, baked pototoes and this low sugar strawberry short cake
eat.gif

Our neighbor sets of an amazing fireworks display every year, so we'll watch it and watch our horses watch it (they actually do!)
default_wub.png

I could go for it all NOW... 9:30am the day before
default_biggrin.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I put this recipe on another thread about 4th of July recipes but will share here also.

These are perfect for 4th of July barbecues!

Red, White and Bleu Potatoes

4 medium to large red skinned potatoes,thinly sliced

1 small Vidalia Onion, sliced

4 to 6 mushroom, sliced

1/2 tsp salt

1/2 tsp pepper

2Tbls butter

1/4 cup bleu cheese or gorgonzola

Place potatoes, onions and mushrooms on a sheet of aluminum foil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and dot with butter. Crumble cheese on top. Fold packet to seal and cook either on a medium grill or in a 375 degree oven for 45 minutes or until potatoes are soft.

These are SO GOOD! Made either in the oven or grill! Enjoy!

Sheila

My brother has the annual 4th of July party ...

Hot dogs, burgers, chicken, shrimp, and all other sorts of yum yums. We set off fireworks in the evening of course ..its always a good time
default_yes.gif

We'll be grilling here too.
default_aktion033.gif
default_biggrin.png
On the menu are spare ribs, smoked and honey bar-b-q brats, potatoe salad, white rice, pink beans, oven toasted Italian bread and real butter, and for dessert I cheated....bought a fudge chocolate cake from Pepperidge Farm...it stays in the fridge and is nice and cool when served. OMG Yummy!!!
default_eat.gif
Great for a hot 4th of July day along with Moose Tracks ice cream.

Oh and for drinks it'll be Pomegranite/Cranberry punch (with Splenda) and Miller Lite pony bottles!!

I'm making my taco dip:

Sour cream

salsa

shredded lettuce

shredded mexican blend cheese

Layer it just the way it's written serve with tostitos chips of any kind. I love it with the multi grain tostitos.

Chocolate truffle:

Brownies

Chocolate instant pudding (jell-o)

Whipped cream

Cut up brownies into bite size bites. Layer brownies, then pudding, then whipped cream. Keep doing it until you've used everything ending with whipped cream on top.

christy

Heres a good cold salad recipe thats a cinch to throw together and cheap too!

Take Top Ramen noodles and cruch them up -dry

Add some Broccoli Rainbow Slaw Mix (found int he pre made salad section of the market)

Add Poppy seed dressing

Toss and chill...

Somepeople like theres made the night before and in the frig overnite-the tastes soak up more and it is not as cruchy-though some prefer it crunchy

I am going to go eat some now!

THIS year we are going to someone ELSE'S!!!! Just bringing with me watermelon and a Raspberry Whipped Cream Cake!

In the past my standard 4th of July dessert was a strawberry shortcake with blueberries.....(Red, White, and Blue!)
default_biggrin.png

I wanna go to Sterling's!
default_eat.gif

hee hee heeee!!! Robin come on over and bring your other half too! There's plenty...oh...Mom brought a home baked cherry pie with her and Dad!!! There's so much food we ate at around 2:00 and we're still grazing!!

Latest posts

Back