What are the chances?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tara

Reaction score
My second mini is coming this weekend. I have a 5 yr old mare and am getting a 5 yr old gelding. Am hoping they will be able to be in same paddock. What are the chances?

All horses are different, but in my experience, as long as their area is big enough and you let them get to know each other through the fence, they will probably get along just fine in the same paddock.

AND congratulations on your new horse
champagne.gif

aktion033.gif
Good for you. I agree they will no doubt be fine..usually in my experience mares are the bosses, but right now I have two together, and the gelding is boss. They will work it out/

Pictures please, Maxine
smile.gif

There may be a few problems at first, but I bet nothing that can't be worked out between them.. Just do the into slowly and from the outside of her fence.

Ginny StP

Make sure that paddock is plenty big so they can get away from eachother when they want to and please don't feed them together. Feed fights, are bad. Be sure they each can eat in peace without feeling threatend that the other one will take his food.

aktion033.gif
Congratulations!

I have always had a gelding in with mares, do right now and I have never had a problem. Remember though, all horses are different and just watch them. But I bet they will be happy to have each other!
biggrin.gif

Thanks! I feel a litle bit less nervous. Am getting excited. Am sure I'll have questions in the future. Great to have a place to go for help.

Latest posts

Back