What age?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MiniaturePrincess429

Reaction score
Since I probably won't be able to until I'm 18 I was just wondering what age every one else started

[SIZE=14pt]28 and I am now 51.[/SIZE]

Lyn

yes.gif
yes.gif
saludando.gif
i'm 47, i just got into the world of minis, and also the world of horses last year. velma

I was 48 years old but had had horses/ponies almost my whole life.

jennifer
saludando.gif

I got into horses when I was 11, got a 'family' horse at 12 and got my first horse of my own for my 15th birthday and i will be 16 when I get my first mini. (turn 16 on sunday)

I think it was 1999, and I was 29 (but then, I still am...
laugh.gif
)
. I had big horses first and still have them.

I was one and a half when my grandparents brought home our first three Miniature Horses.

We did a poll on this exact same thing, I think it was about 1 1/2 years ago.

Average age, I believe it was either 45, or 47, when the person first started into Minis. We had a large number respond, and there were 10 people who responded who didn't get started until over 65!!!!!!

Ive been riding since I was 7 and got my first big horse when I was 8. I got my first minis when I was 16.

I have had horses and pony's all my life, I brought my first three miniatures home this summer - I'm 43.
saludando.gif

Me age 63, hubby was 65! Now were' all of 64 and 66 but had big horses for many years when we were younger. I was a 4-H leader. Maxine

Sometimes it's very hard as we both have health issues, but it makes us appreciate them more and every day is a new chance to marvel at them..

I purchased my first mini's this year and i'm a full 20 years young! But let me tell you, I wasn't prepared for all the unexpected costs, but it was well worth bringing home the dolls!

Fifteen years ago and I was 33. (You can do the math.
biggrin.gif
)

MA

Well on a purely technical level I guess my first pony at 8 kinda qualified he was only about 38 inches and ornery...

actual miniatures...... we got our first gelding in 1993 I was 24.......I had worked on a pony farm and we had some mini's and very small ponies so I was fairly familiar....we also have had big horses pretty much forever.........

My sis and I got our first minis this year (July). I'm 13 and sis is 8. 'Got into' minis when I was 11, though. It took 2 years to convince dad!! But once he saw Stalker

(Suzi's boyfriend/future hubby) at Bill's (our breeder) place, I think the battle was won. Although dad said our two dogs were the only pets we were going to have, as soon as we drove up to Bill's I remember dad softly cooing something along the lines of 'Ooohhh.........look at them!'
biggrin.gif
aktion033.gif
*LOL*!!

Latest posts

Back