What age?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We got our first mini when my daughter was 3 she is now 27.
biggrin.gif

Me age 63, hubby was 65! Now were' all of 64 and 66 but had big horses for many years when we were younger. I was a 4-H leader. Maxine
Sometimes it's very hard as we both have health issues, but it makes us appreciate them more and every day is a new chance to marvel at them..
I think this is ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif

I have had minis for the last 5 years full size horses before that and I will be 50
new_shocked.gif
in Feb. 2006.

I am going to strive for the above quote and feel very blessed if I can do exactly what these two "youngins"
biggrin.gif
are doing.

I think it was 94 when I got my first miniatures (had big horses since I was 4) - but in 94 I would have been 10yrs old and started out with 3 what I would now call "pet quality ones"..........now in 05 I am 21 and have about 35 - and I very happy with my herd.

Got started late, but I figure, "Better late Than Never"!! Started at 55 and am now "almost" 61 !!

Ginny StP

[SIZE=14pt]I was 3 when i got into the world of horses and 13 when I got into minis.I am now 14!!![/SIZE]

Had horses all my life(or rather, my mom had the horses), been around minis since age 12(got first one at age 13).

I was 59 when my hubby and I got our first minis. When our kids were young they had their fair share of minis and ponies around the place.

I was 13. We bought the very first mini I had ever seen! I'm now almost 22 (Next month) and he is 9!
new_shocked.gif

Got my first pony at 4 years old. He was a black pinto named Comanche. Then they gave me an older ranch cow pony that I rode bare back with a halter. We had big horses. Me & hubby got minis when I was 29 and started selling off our riding horses. It's been minis ever since!

I'm 42 now.

I was 27, now I'm 28. My daughter was 5 and my son was 2(now 6&3). I've had horses since I was 8 with my first pony, but I've always liked minis and decided for my kids first horses I want small. I've been there done that with borken bones and crushed feet from large horses. I figured this way I would know if the kids were actually interested and they were easier for my mom to handle. She giong to be 54 or 55 I can't remember.

Christy

I've owned an Arabian since I was 18, he is now 31 and don't ride anymore (back is really sunk) from old age. it's gonna break my heart the day he passes
crybaby.gif
. I rescued Tonto my mini who is now 4, and lives with me in the city. I'm now 46 and GF says I'm crazier than ever
biggrin.gif

I got my first horse at 20, and got minis at 28.
smile.gif

I am now 38.

I did what I could to ride and be around horses all my life before I even owned one, though.

Liz M.

I was, gosh, I guess I was about 28 or 29 when I got my first miniature. I'd had big horses since I was a child, but the minis really won me over-- I still have two big horses but they are just "pasture pets" now!
biggrin.gif

I was 53 and I'm now 60. I'm just starting my 2nd childhood and loving

every one of my mini's..
laugh.gif

had arabs and quarter horses since day 1 and at age 11 i goten a mini cross gelding pony than age 12 gotten my first two mini mares. becca and jj! than the rest of them fellowed.
laugh.gif
yes.gif
rolleyes.gif
now age 18 and will be 19 on jan,26 06!
new_shocked.gif
biggrin.gif
yes.gif

I am 14, and I am working on being into miniature horses for 5 years, and I am working on owning miniature horses for 3 years (that will be un June) I now have to GREAT little minis, that I love DEARLY!!

-Gage-

Well I got my first pony when I was 3, she was a welsh cross, that was in 1981, then in 1991 when I was 13 I got my 1st arabian, have been breeding Arabians since 1993. In 2003 I got my 1st mini, a gelding and now I am 27 and have 8 in total with 4 foals due in 2006. I only have one arabian now. In 2003 I had 6 arabians and one mini. I also own a shetland mare. I hope to buy some more mini mares in the future when i find some nice ones. My mares and stallion are well bred with lines to Hobby Horse, Dell Teras, Bond, Rowdy, Rhotens, Stouts, and Vant Huttenest to name just a few.

Latest posts

Back