What a Weekend

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Davie

Reaction score
What a weekend and I almost did not go.

First show for my two geldings that have been in training with Pat Elder (Rosa Roca) and also first show for my grandson who was only going to show in Youth driving.

Max decided to show in Halter and place well with both Rocking M BFB Color Me 2 Kool in the Under division and did very well with Las Vegas Lites WM in the over Division. He also showed Vegas in Youth CPD Over and did very well for his first time in the ring--Thank you Leesa, for letting Max show Vegas this year.

This was the boys first show and with them only haveing about 30 days of actual driving work done I was hoping for good drives and experience for both, but not expecting great things as they are still new to this game.

OH MY was I WRONG
default_new_shocked.gif
default_new_shocked.gif

Pat took in Rocking M Remingtons Super Snazzy into the Open CPD class and he had a good drive with a couple of bobbles and did manage to place in a large class of 12. Pat took him back into the STAKES class which had 14 horses in it and had a good go with him. I was heading for a friend who was in the class and when the judges placing were announced Snaz place under Judge A and when my friend's number was called under Judge B I decided that Snaz was going to get left on the rail which was fine-- and was walking out of the ring when his number was called as STAKES CHAMPION, boy did everyone know who owned him when I let out a yell.
default_yes.gif
default_yes.gif
I could not believe it--FIRST show (since he was a yearling), SECOND time in the ring in harness, A HUGE class---an come home with a STAKES WINNER--oh my gosh!!!

Then Pat took in Redrocks Something Flashy, my 35.5" gelding who will be a wonderful SPD horse when he gets a little more miles on him into the CPD Over division and he did very well. Took him back into the Stakes Class when he decided to bobble on his BACK. Both judges came over to Pat and told her she had two wonderful driving horses and that Flash had the Reserve spot until his back.

I can't be more proud of these boys and the wonderful job Pat Elder has done in such a short amount of time. They will now come home and I'll continue their training until Pat can get her training center moved to its new location and then they will be back with her through Nationals.

AND TO THINK I ALMOST MISSED IT
default_yes.gif

default_new_shocked.gif
wow...Pat trained my gelding Scotty for me and he is doing awesome as our HOMIE HORSE. She does such wonders in a small amount of time! I got to drive VEGAS at her training facility...Boy that was a treat!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, Davie, for letting me show your two boys. They're both going to be superstars, and I can't wait until I get to show them at Nationals! Max was such a cutie this weekend, too.

We all had a great time.

And thanks to all our customers for the opportunity to train and/or show their horses. Give me a couple of months to get the new facility up and running and I'll be back in business. In the meanwhile, I'll be going to the Ada, OK shows with a couple of my horses and two of Leesa Conley's, to get them qualified.

Pat

WOW! Great job!!! :D
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

What do you mean by "he bobbled on his back?" What a fun show for you!

Sounds like you had a great show, Davie! Congratulations!

And special congratulations to Redrock Something Flashy! I knew he had the potential to make a super driving horse if someone would just take him there. Sounds like the 'someones' are doing it!
default_biggrin.png

That's AWESOME Davie!!!!!

I've recently been in a similar situation with my Bob, and what a THRILL it is!

A huge congrats, Davie.
default_aktion033.gif
Wish I could have been there for the driving part. Little Max is just such a cutie, too. Fancy's new filly is doing great - solid silver buckskin!! I could hardly wait to get home to see her.

Rita

Congratulations on your horses' successes! I will be passing the word on to some people about Flash (maybe you can guess who they are)! It is such a great feeling to see a horse using his potential. Thanks for sharing yours.

Thanks everyone, it was such a thrill and Pat has done wonders in such a short time.

Becky, Thanks for being the breeder of Flash and selling me him in the first place. Marsha, thanks for letting me know where he was and being able to get him back home--he will never go anywhere again.

When I said Flash "bobbled"-- when he was asked to back he did not really want to (he had a "greenie" moment--I can't do that) and Pat had to ask him a second time. Had he willing backed the first time without hesitation, he would have been the Reserve horse in SPD Stakes.

Rita, Congratulations on your new buckskin filly from my little Fancy.

Will pick up the boys this afternoon and must keep them in shape and training until they can go back to Pats for their tune up for Nationals. They will be going back to Ada in June for their final qualifying show along with a couple of others.

Congratulations Davie, sounds like it was a wonderful weekend!
default_aktion033.gif

Latest posts

Back