What a surprize....

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HGFarm

Reaction score
Another breeder on the other side of the valley had a mare that appeared to be in a race with my first mare due last week. She won- her mare foaled a couple of days before mine.

A couple of days ago, when she had two more mares due- they both foaled the same night, just a few short hours apart.

Well, I beat that one! Early this morning both of my mares foaled, MINUTES apart!!!! Neither mare looked ready at ALL. The beeper, which was on Dream as she looked like she would foal the soonest, NEVER went off. She is my sneaky girl- have NEVER caught her showing in season or being bred by the stallion, but she settles quickly and foals every year. Ha, great, now she's learned how to avoid setting of the Breeder Alert as well!!?

I woke up just about 4 and was SHOCKED to see a little dark butt on the other side of Dream on the camera. Pinched myself to make sure I was really awake- checked the pager, and yes, it was on. Threw on my shoes and ran outside. Wow, yep, there really is a little baby out there with mama.

Grabbed a bag to put the afterbirth in and as I was cleaning up the pen and getting ready to iodine the naval, glanced over at the other mare who had just stood up, apparently disturbed from her sleep by my presence, and was DOUBLE SHOCKED to see a wee red head with a tiny snip peeking under her neck to see what was going on also!!! Pinched myself several more times!!

I feel truly blessed that both foals made it into this world unattended and ok! Judging by the dampness of the foals, their movements, etc... they must have foaled literally within minutes of each other! There was no really full bags, nipples on either were not big or distended or really even pointing down. No pacing or any other indication that foaling would happen last night! Not one sign.

Dream has a tiny, dainty and beautiful bay filly- no spots but is even her best foal yet- sorry folks, this one is a keeper for sure. Solitaire has a chestnut colt with a tiny snip and a BLANKET WITH SPOTS!

Should have pics later today to put up.... and I am still stunned and amazed!

Congraultions
default_aktion033.gif
glad that all went well with both births. Looking forward to seeing pictures.
default_biggrin.png

Congratulations on your new foals and what great timing too!!! Maybe you can schedule them for tandem deliveries next year, too
default_biggrin.png

A Double Congrats
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
Your girls did a great job and saved you some sleepless nights by coordinating their deliveries.
default_wink.png
Pictures please
default_yes.gif
Joyce

default_aktion033.gif
What an exciting night...and you missed it all!
default_wink.png
That is the way to do it! So glad all was OK, and babies are safe, happy and healthy! Can't wait to see pics! CONGRATULATIONS!

Congratulations on the safe arrival of your two new babies!!! Can't wait for the pictures.

Tammie~

Wow!! Those sneaky petes! :DOH! Glad all came out well and congratulations on your 2 new foals!
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

I had two mares I expected to do that, but no such luck. Congratulations on your safe double birth and healthy foals.

Stephanie

CONGRATULATIONS..........

Whew what a relief thay all were born naturally and healthy.

Looking forward to pictures.

Congratulations, way to consolidate the deliveries, lol!
default_biggrin.png
Can't wait to see pics of the cuties, and glad to hear you got a filly this year!
default_aktion033.gif

Congrats on your babies, so glad everything was ok.

Latest posts

Back