What a SUPRISE!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kim~Crayonboxminiatures

Reaction score
I LOVE the pool/spa test strips from Walmart to test the milk, I really wasn't anticipating a foal this early in April...but the mare started bagging up and I could get milk, so I started testing her early in the week. Wednesday evening at 6:30pm the hardness tested 400, and the ph dropped to the lowest (6.4). So it was wait and watch for a long evening. Born exactly at midnight early Thursday morning (4-3-07) at 314 days! It was a text book delivery, and the little one was up and about very quickly and whinnied a lot!

I snapped some dry photos quick last night before it starting raining, because we are supposed to have rain the next few days. She passed her IGg with flying colors, like my foals always do (knock on wood), and everything else checked out just fine. Even the vet was excited about her color.
default_wub.png

She is 24-24.5" at the withers with an 8" cannon bone, so my guess is she will mature around 36". I was hoping for a smaller one to keep. She also has grey around the eyes, and I'm trying to get the grey gene out of my breeding herd. Calita & Bingo are the proud parents, both are pictured in my avatar.

Without further ado here is:

Crayonbox Midnight Sky "Sky" for short a black snowcap appaloosa filly, 75% Falabella

Calita.fillywet2.sm.jpg

Calita.filly.dry.sm.jpg

Check my website for more info and updates and she grows!
default_aktion033.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, Congratulations Kim! She is AWESOME!

I gotta get some of those strips for the next time we are watching one closely. Great tip, thanks.

Great filly Kim
default_wub.png
, Now if she were born here I'd be keeping her for sure
default_yes.gif
I love the taller ones, and last year I have two that will stay under 31"
default_wacko.png
She is very nice!! Joyce

WOW!!! Nice baby! Maybe I should try those strips, though I have a couple of mares I dont think I want to try to milk!!!
default_new_shocked.gif

Dang, can't you shrink her any??! She is lovely- congrats!!

CONGRATS Kim! She's beautiful
default_wub.png
! I might be out sometime today and I'll be sure to try to take a peak at her.

Oh, she's beautiful! And look at that mama...
default_wub.png

Somebody somewhere is looking for one just like her.
default_yes.gif

Leia

What a sweetdoll you have there Kim!!

Congrats! I think she is adorable!
default_wub.png

I love her!!! congrats on a beautiful girl

CONGRATULATIONS!!
default_aktion033.gif
She sounds like the perfect future height to me, and she's gorgeous!!
default_wub.png

She's a beauty! Aren't those test strips great???

Latest posts

Back