What a great weekend...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beccy

Reaction score
I have just had the best weekend! Debbie Scriven / Doobie and I, drove to Oklahoma to pick up some horses, and we were able to meet three forum members. We met Susan Oberg / Horsehug, in Omaha to pick up a filly I bought from her, and had breakfast with her. The visit was way too short, but what a treat it was, I have known Susan online for years and was so glad to have the opportunity to finally meet her. Susan, Faith is just lovely, thank you again!

Then we went to Oklahoma where I was picking up a Bond Snippet daughter from Robin / REO, and a colt from Louisiana that Robin's husband Karrel had gone to Texas to pick up from Debi Murphy / Sevenacres for me. I have also known Robin online for quite a few years, since before I bought two horses from her years back, and meeting her and Karrel in person was truly wonderful. I just have to say they are every bit as genuine, kind and giving as I have found them to be in our online friendship, and their horses are absolutely beautiful....if you can get past all the friendly noses in your face demanding pets and scratches!
default_biggrin.png
Robin I hope you were able to dry off those foals after Debbie and I drooled all over them
default_drool5.gif
, and I am trying to break it gently to Randy that I found my next purchases while I was there, lol!

Robin and Karrel had a BBQ on Saturday afternoon, and Theresa / rockin r and her husband Art came over. What lovely people, we were really glad to meet them, and enjoyed the afternoon tremendously!
default_yes.gif

The weekend was over all too fast, and we loaded up the horses and headed home, and once back in Ontario stopped in at Lori Rafters / Milo minis, where she very kindly put us and the horses up for the night. We got to see her beautiful new fillies, and I met all her horses and saw my colt Samurai who is with Lori for the summer. He looks great Lori!!
default_smile.png

Except for almost hitting a deer in Missouri on the way home, and a tense moment on Friday morning when my kids called me to say a mare was foaling and the baby was stuck (they managed to get him out and all is well and we have the tiniest wee buckskin colt
default_wub.png
) it was a fantastic trip!

I want to say thanks to everyone, Desiree / Midnight Star Stables for loaning the little trailer back to me for the trip - that made it so much easier! Debbie for going on the trip with me, you are so much fun to travel with and I had the best time. I hope it won't be too long before we go on another. Susan for driving all that way to meet us in Omaha, Robin and Karrel for the hospitality, the great food
default_eat.gif
and a fantastic visit, and Karrel for driving all that way to get the colt for me, Theresa and Art for coming over and spending the afternoon with us it was so nice to meet you both, and Lori for the stopover on the way home. You are all wonderful and I feel priviledged to know you
default_wub.png

Susan, Debi and Robin, I am just thrilled with the horses, thank you all so much!

What a great bunch of people we have met here on LB
default_cheekkiss.gif

Now back to work this afternoon
default_sad.png
I would much rather stay home and play with my new horses!

Last edited by a moderator:
How fun!! I want to meet them too! I know Horsehug (Susan) quite well, she really is wonderful. Sounds like a super trip, and congrats on your new horses! Got pics?
default_biggrin.png

Sounds like a wonderful time was had by all! Congrats on all your new purchases, and also on the arrival of your new colt while you were away!
default_aktion033.gif

Hi Magic, I don't have any pics since they got here, we got home last night and I have to go to work this afternoon, but here is one of the mare from REO:

This girl is 19, but she looks and moves like a five year old girl!!!

First Knights Lady Snipette

website1003047.jpg

The filly from Horsehug:

HHH A Touch Of Faith

seclud1.jpg

and after her partial clip

Faith_clipped.jpg

and the colt from SevenAcres:

this is his baby pic off my site and unfortunately a small one, I will get current pics of him later this week.

SevenAcres I'm a Stylish Buster Boy

stalli38.jpg

Don't have any pics of my new baby yet, that is another job for tomorrow!

Thanks Mona, we are thrilled with all of them
default_smile.png

All three are WONDERFUL people! What fun to go on a road trip and meet all your internet friends. I hope to be able to do that one day!
default_aktion033.gif
default_yes.gif
default_smile.png

Beccy,

You know you are very welcome!
default_smile.png

I love my horsey trips that I get to take when I deliver horses and I am sOOO glad you now have Touch of Faith. She is such a sweet filly who loves people and I know she will be happy at your place!

It was Wonderful to meet you in person after all these years!

And I thorougly enjoyed meeting Debbie (Doobie) also!

Glad you are home safe and sound!

Susan O.

Well I for one hated the trip....

6800km in 4 days 22 hours is just NOT ENOUGH!!!

I wish we could of spent more time stopped and less time driving.

That and going from +90 degree weather to arriving home to SNOW!

I am so glad to have met some amazing mini owners and pleased to know call them my friends.

If only I had brought a bigger trailer and more $ with me I could of doubled the size of my own little herd!

Thank you Bec for asking me to come on this journey with you. I would/will do it again in a heart beat!

default_aktion033.gif
congrats on all your new ones.

I really love the bond snippet daughter, I would have love to own her.
default_wub.png

I am soo envious of you guys!
default_worshippy.gif

I got to spend all weekend working. Wheat harvest started on Friday.
default_no.gif

You got some really nice horses! It looks like the trip was well worth it! Congrats on the newest baby too!

default_saludando.gif
It was our pleasure to meet the two of you!!!! We had a wonderful visit, hopefully we will cross paths again!!! Glad you had a safe trip, the weather got really bad a few hours after you left and it looked like you were going to drive right into it! Theresa and Art

It was so great to FINALLY get to meet Beccy after being friends (what 6-7 years?) and it was just natural being with her in person. And Debbie! Did we ever quit laughing together? Nope! I have a new friend!

We had a nice Mexican food dinner I made for them Friday night and the BBQ on Saturday. They did not leave hungry! I'm so glad Theresa & Art were able to come on Saturday and meet the gals. It was so neat to have so many friends here!

default_yes.gif

I wish they could have stayed longer. But BOY, was that a Looong trip! I hope they'll come back soon <wink>

I'm so glad you got to come Beccy, even if it was all too short.
default_wub.png

Karrel and I really loved having you here!
default_biggrin.png

Susan, I would have loved it if you could have been here too. I'd like to meet you some day!
default_yes.gif

Yep Robin,

It will be wonderful if I get to meet you someday too :)

Susan O.

default_gaah.gif
Must say my feelings are a little hurt...I wasn't invited. Robin must have been afraid I would embarrass her
default_rolleyes.gif

Just teasing Robin...

Nancy M'love, don't worry, I did enough of that on my own to make you proud!
default_risa8.gif

default_aktion033.gif
Love meeting more horsey friends! You hear that Robin, I am invited also
default_risa8.gif
default_risa_suelos.gif
Or, everyone can make a small road trip to my place...hopefully have enough time to site see.

I've always wanted to have a get to gether, and that one was fun! If I'm ever lucky enough to have another, I hope you Nancy, and Mary will come! See Beccy? You need to come down again! How about this Fall?

Hey sounds good to me! Deb whatcha doin in September??? (Have to talk Robin out of one of those gorgeous colts first, LOL)

Just tell me the dates and I'll get to booking them off!!!

But this time can we stay a little longer??? please!!!

REO you know who I was drooling on so just say the word!

I didn't get to meet the people but I did get to meet the horses!
default_biggrin.png
If they are an indication of where they came from - the people are NICE!!! I was glad to have you girls here for the night and sorry to see little "Mickey/Fudge" leave - I got kind of attached to the little girlie while she was here and so did Mickey. Thank goodness I have some of my own to cuddle now! Maybe I will have to join you two in the fall Hey! We could take my trailer and bring home a herd!!!
default_biggrin.png

Latest posts

Back