We've Moved! Pics added!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lisa Strass

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to share with all of you that we moved to Oklahoma! And while Oklahoma isn't exactly considered "north", after living on the Gulf Coast it's North for now! Mike and I love our new place. We have tons of pictures that I can't find right now, but I'll look and try to find some to post later. The place is located in North Central Oklahoma and is really neat. Its got alfalfa fields, pastures, and a creek with deer and wild turkey. And the best part, you can walk around and basically get "lost" in the wilderness. It also has a full size roping arena which probably won't see much more roping, but will be a fantastic if I ever get back to driving.

Yes, we've been moving during all this rain, but I still LOVE IT!

Thanks for letting us share the excitement, and you all can come visit anytime!

Lisa

Edited to add pictures:

These pictures were taken in April, so things were just turning green, when we first went to look at the place. View from the back of the property:

099HousefromEastGate3.jpg

Horse barn:

03.jpg

Wilderness:

04.jpg

Pond:

pond.jpg

Alfalfa on the left, erosion on the right:

01.jpg

House:

05.jpg

Shop (aka Mike's house complete with bathroom, shower and A/C):

06.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The new place sounds wonderful!!!!! :aktion033: :aktion033:

I'd love to see pics :bgrin

Congratulations
default_smile.png

Congratulations...how exciting! Your new homestead sounds picture perfect! Please let us see pics when you can!

It sounds awesome!!! I look forward to the pictures and congratulations on your new place
default_smile.png
default_smile.png
default_smile.png

LOL lisa.. How far are you from Tulsa now? I might have to drop by and check out charlie in person (maybe he'll fit in the back of our truck?? lol)...LOL

I figured that's what you were up to!
default_smile.png

Too bad you didn't settle a *little* more South (SW OK) but your place sounds fantastic!

WHOOO HOOO!!!

So....where is your new place? :lol:

MANY forum members live in OK and will want to know
default_smile.png

Hi everyone! Yes, we are on on the South East side of Ponca City. It's about an hour and a half from Tulsa for those of you going to Nationals
default_wink.png
: I'm very excited to meet all the Okie forum members! I figured out that my pictures are on a CD that I left at work :eek: but I'll post some pics when I go back.

Well, darn. Lisa and Mike it's been a pleasure having ya'll as neighbors, but I know how much you hated the humidity down here on the Gulf Coast! After spending a week in OK last month, I can see the difference! Much cooler humidity wise up there!
default_yes.gif
: But, I like to think of the humidity as 24/7 Spa experience keeping my skin wrinkle free and youthful (one can hope at least!!!).

Sounds like a great place! Rusty and I are in the moving stages as well, just haven't made a huge announcement yet until we're settled in (but I'm sure you know how that goes!
default_wink.png
: ).

Good luck! :saludando:

Last edited by a moderator:
You live really close to me now. I live about 12 miles east of Perry, so Im just a litttle south of you. I go up to Ponca City a lot to see one of friends.

Well, darn. Lisa and Mike it's been a pleasure having ya'll as neighbors, but I know how much you hated the humidity down here on the Gulf Coast! After spending a week in OK last month, I can see the difference! Much cooler humidity wise up there!
default_yes.gif
: But, I like to think of the humidity as 24/7 Spa experience keeping my skin wrinkle free and youthful (one can hope at least!!!).

Sounds like a great place! Rusty and I are in the moving stages as well, just haven't made a huge announcement yet until we're settled in (but I'm sure you know how that goes!
default_wink.png
: ).

Good luck! :saludando:

A spa experience... well that is one thing to call it! Good luck moving to your new place! I'm glad our actual moving part is behind us. I don't know how long it will be until we're settled though
default_wacko.png
:

Well, remember there's always one box that never gets unpacked (at our house, it's Rusty stuff!). And if I remember right, last time I was at your house following Congress, you still had one box that hadn't been unpacked from your move down here! :bgrin

I am jealous of that barn and arena though!!
default_yes.gif
:

What is it............the SHOP is bigger than the barn.....................I think Mike needs to let you switch that.

Lisa --

WOW!!!! That is such a nice place!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't know how it could be any more perfect... well, that is unless it was mine :bgrin Congratulations, again! You and Mike should be very proud of your awesome new place!!!

Jill

Thanks everyone for your compliments. We feel really lucky to have found this place especially because all the facilities are practically brand new... about 3 years old.

What is it............the SHOP is bigger than the barn.....................I think Mike needs to let you switch that.
I know. But don't be surprised if some a horse grooming area pops up in the corner! :new_shocked: And some horse tack pops up in another area :bgrin

And if I remember right, last time I was at your house following Congress, you still had one box that hadn't been unpacked from your move down here! :bgrin
Only one box? I think you're being kind!
default_wink.png
:

Congratulations on your move! Oklahoma is a great place for horses!! Nice place and well set up. When you're passing through OKC, stop by. I'm just off of I 35 on the north side of the city.
default_smile.png

Well, I only SAW one. Mike mentioned there was probably others.
default_rolleyes.gif
: Men! They don't know how to keep their mouths shut do they!!
default_wink.png
:

Congratulations on the new place! And I agree with Rob, the BARN should be bigger than the shop.
default_yes.gif
:

And if I remember right, last time I was at your house following Congress, you still had one box that hadn't been unpacked from your move down here! :bgrin
Only one box? I think you're being kind!
default_wink.png
:

Latest posts

Back