Western Regional

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tommy

Reaction score
Does anyone have a the class schedule for the Western Regional?

I am looking for the dates/times of the open stallion weanlings and color class.

Thanks in advance

saludando.gif

Tommy

Hi Tommy,

I don't have it in front of me but I believe all the stallions go on Sunday. Classes start at 8:00am and I think Liberty is first. My stallion will be showing in 2 year olds and we are guessing that'll be around 1PM. Hope that helps
smile.gif

Thanks Christine,

I'll just have to wait :-(

I have really great patience, especially when it doesn't take long.

Thanks again

saludando.gif

Tommy

Tommy said:
Thanks Christine,
I'll just have to wait :-(

I have really great patience, especially when it doesn't take long.

Thanks again

saludando.gif

Tommy

430221[/snapback]

It is 2 in the morning here in Central California and I just got home a little while ago. I'm waiting for the dogs to be excercised and I am off to bed.

I said I would try to photograph your guy but both of his classes were on Sunday and I got real busy today with the Silent Auction. Something that kept me busy all weekend.

At one point I looked down to see him in the ring so I ran to get my camera and ran down the steps to get a photo. Unfortuntely, the class ended right after I got down so I only got one photo. I haven't looked to see if it is any good. My camera is new and I got some blurry shots this weekend. I belive that he was third in his Open class but don't quote me on it. I didn't have my catalog and was rushing back up the stairs when they were announcing the awards.

Later in the day while I was trying to close up the Auction I noticed him in again. This was his multi color class where he won a Championship. By the time I ran to the other side of the arena it was to late to get a photo. But, later as I was walking back Joel was having his photo taken. I tried to get a shot of that but was again too late. So, I walked down and got Joel to wait while I took a photo. I don't know how it came it but if I ever get up tomorrow I will try to post it on the forum.

Congratulations on the Championship. He looked great and what a great way to start his show career. Joel can explain but he and a stallion were having great fun while they waited for the awards.

Oh congrats Tommy- sounds like your little guy did really well!! Cant wait to see pics!!!!!!!

saludando.gif
Hi Neil:

What a gem of a person you are to go through all that trouble to try to snap some pictures of little Catch. It certainly sounds like you got your exercise chasing Joel and him around! Please know we appreciate your efforts more than you know.
yes.gif

Joel did call us last night and we couldn't have been more pleased. It was only a couple of weeks ago Catch was running around out in our pasture in Arizona and now he has traveled to California and has his first show under his belt. Amazing!
wacko.gif

Joel said, Catch was hamming it up with the folks there, was a big hit with everyone he met, totally enjoyed all the attention, and was just plain having a great time with the entire show scene. Joel talks about Catch in such an endearing way and we’re tickled he cares for our little fellow so much.
wub.gif
I’m so tickled to hear Joel and Catch were having such great fun. That's what it’s all about!
yes.gif

Joel commented, he was thinking of heading home last night too, was tired, but happy. If he did, I doubt he will be doing much today either with getting home as he would have gotten home very early this morning. I’m looking forward to seeing your pictures, but now is the time to rest.
wink.gif

Again, thanks so much Neil for all your efforts to catch some pics of Catch!
aktion033.gif

Dawn
saludando.gif

Hi Christine/Neil:

How did things go for you and your two year old little fellow? Sure wish we could have been there to share in the fun!

Neil, did you have any horses competing at the Western Regionals or were you too caught up with the auction?

Have a good one all!
yes.gif

Dawn
saludando.gif

Hi Dawn,

I did see your little boy, a gal was walking him around a bunch before his first class. He is one heck of a good looking young man
wink.gif
Such a pretty head and lovely color. I was standing with Syndi and she pointed out too how much she liked him.

Phantom did fabulous in my eyes, never moved a muscle in either of his classes, and was the best behaved that's for sure. He didn't want to give his ears in his stallion class so I'm sure that knocked him down some. He measured in at 31.75" so he was in the over 31"-33" class and was the smallest one out there and they were going for "legs". He placed 6th out of 8. I saw a horse that was placed over him after the class and WOW can you say cow hocked. Oh well, welcome to showing
smile.gif

He didn't place in his color class, not sure why he hasn't been doing well in that. I myself think he is real stricking but they were placing the compete solids real high. Also when they were bringing people in to line up they put Syndi and Phantom in the back of a line that one judge had already gone through and she never came back to him.
sad.gif
Oh well. I was proud of him and his manners.

That's the most time I've ever been able to spend with him so it was a great weekend, also getting to meet Syndi Kanzler & Patty Cloke....great great ladies. Let us know how your little one did when you find out!

Lost Spoke Ranch said:
Neil, did you have any horses competing at the Western Regionals or were you too caught up with the auction?
432918[/snapback]

Well, after coming home very tired, getting little sleep last night and taking two naps today I think I am finally ready to face the world.

For the first time since I started showing minis I did not enter the Championship show and have no plans to enter the World show this year, I will just attend. I had a great time enjoying the show and spending time talking to friends.

I spent most of my time on the top of the south side of the arena near the Silent Auction. When I wasn't taking care of that or in the stands below photographing I enjoyed the comfortable hospitality of the Wingate Training Center (Casey Campbell and family) and Lakeside Miniatures hospitality sections. Thanks to the Campbell family and Erin Haddad your sofas and recliners where far to comfortable.

Well, off to start downloading about 400 photos and sort through them along with a break to feed horses.

Hey Lost Spoke,

Saw your little guy at the show and he is fabulous. He stole the color class and Joel did a wonderful job of showing him. Congrats on your win.

The judging really sucked in many of the classes and I was dissapointed by a good percentage of the placings. When a solid buckskin took 5th in the multi color class I was totally disgusted(it looked like a few dapples on the shoulder and that was it).

Better late than never here are two photos of Catch at the Western Championship show in Reno this past weekend. The first is a little out of focus and I seem to have cut his feet off. I guess that is what happens when you run down the stairs grab your camera and only have time for one quick shot. If you look in the background, the judge Roger is turning in his card so the class judging is over and the exhibitors about to leave for the rail. The photo is from Catch's Open class.

The second photo is after his wining a Championship in his multi color class. Joel was kind enough to stop for me to take the photo. He was pleased that I was taking the photo for the owners but then again Joel is a nice guy.

Catch01.jpg

Catch02.jpg

wcr said:
The judging really sucked in many of the classes and I was dissapointed by a good percentage of the placings.  When a solid buckskin took 5th in the multi color class I was totally disgusted(it looked like a few dapples on the shoulder and that was it).
433319[/snapback]

Which class, mares or stallions and geldings?

If it was mares and the one I think it was you have to see the horse up close. The pattern is wild and more so on the (I think) left side. I went to the barn later in the class just to see her color. WILD!!!!!!! I've never seen anything like it.

Latest posts

Back