Western CP at Nationals

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

garyo

Reaction score
I see that both Ladies and Gentlemen Western Country Pleasure driving classes, at Nationals, are in the evening. Since formal attire is generally worn for the evening classes, is this also true of the WCP class? If so would cowboy hats be appropriate? How about gloves? Please respond with any input for both Ladies and Gentlemen.

Thanks

Gary

Last year it was also in the evening. I wore my regular western jacket and cowboy hat. My friend drove my gelding in the Gentlemans class and he also wore his western hat and jacket. I got second in my class and he got third, so I guess it was just fine!
default_aktion033.gif
default_biggrin.png

Neither one of us wore gloves.

Lucy

Do not have your shoulders showing. Its a rule.

Western hats is a very good thing, and just find like a nice blazer or something.

Do I have pictures, she asks...
default_wink.png

This guy is my pride and joy. I waited all my life for a great show horse and he is it! And, he's SWEET on top of everything else!

Lucy

Here is what it says in the rulebook for attire in Western for AMHR.

Ladies may wear jackets and blouses with slacks and skirts or dresses. No bare shoulders. Hats are optional. Gentlemen should wear western attire with or without a western hat.

Alot of people last year at Nationals wore western clothing plus cowboy hats.

In my opinion, it is a Western Driving class, dress the part. Fancy hats are for other classes, a western hat looks nice in the western driving classes. People 3 years ago and 2 years ago made fun of me and my clothes/ hats, now they ask when I am selling them. I dress like a quarter horse person because that is where I come from and that is all I know.

Latest posts

Back