Western Boots or Dress shoes?????

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maestoso

Reaction score
I've looked at the magazines and there are no close-ups of feet, so I can't tell. What do you see more at the regional and national level?

Last edited by a moderator:
You will see equal amount s of either kind. It depends on what style you prefer. Boots look better with western style suits & jackets-- dress shoes are equally appropriate for regular dress jackets & suits./ .

My husband wears dress boots, shined to perfection. So I think either are fine. You sure are thinking into the future. I have a hard time deciding what to wear to work tomorrow!!!! LOL

I wear boots. Seen both, but boots are easier to clean (especially since shoes have laces) and keep the sand out.
default_smile.png

Matt --

Of those two choices for a man, I'd go with the western boots. After all, it is a horse show.

But, what I get to choose for my husband when he helps me show isn't western boots but english paddock boots. I think they look dressier by far and are horse appropriate. Really like the Ariat line for my feet and H's. Naturally, there's a wider selection for women than men, but they've got them for men. If you can find the zip up ones, vs. the lace ups, they are easier to wipe the sand dust off of, too.

If you feel like it, look here: http://www.drysdales.com/boots.html

Ariats are what I've got on my feet if I'm not in high heels. They look good but they feel even better on your feet! My favorite
default_smile.png

Good luck,

Jill

I prefer western boots.... ropers or Lacers(western ropers with laces and a tassle).

Kim

You will see equal amount s of either kind. It depends on what style you prefer. Boots look better with western style suits & jackets-- dress shoes are equally appropriate for regular dress jackets & suits
yea thats what I ussally see to

I would say boots are more professional looking and I think they are safer than dress shoes also.

Horse shows are not strictly Western, and since minis are not ridden, you can choose either Western or English/Eastern. I would choose Western if showing at a rodeo or stock show, although I'd feel like a poser, lol!

As Jill mentioned, English paddock boots look great, but either are fine so long as they are pristine -- and, yes...I agree that you should go with boots, not shoes..

My daughter and I always use boots, she likes the pointy toe western and I like the more rounded toe ropers. They usually have very good arch support in them(very important to keep your feet from getting tired), and they keep the shavings, dirt, and sand away from the inside of the your shoes. We have them in black so they will go with anything we wear.

l say BOOTS for male or female because when in the ring and you need to bend or squat for any reason pant legs tend to ride up and then shoes and socks showing look kind of silly...also longer jackets not nice to have to look at butts with undies showing when bent over...and on a few occassions we have sat and seen that situation...not pleasent.
default_biggrin.png

Latest posts

Back