We're Pregnant

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charlie Horse Acres

Reaction score
Ok well I am not pregnant but Honey is. I am sooo excited I had to share.

And the vet looked at Amber too and said her baby looked really good. Hers was big enough we could see little legs and ribs. The vet said the foal was doing cartwheels. Showoff!

Still don't know about Babe yet. Vet wants me to bring her back in December to check again. He said he could see a sack and is pretty sure she is but the baby was hiding. Maybe he is just shy? Keep your fingers crossed. It will be her first so I have told myself not to get excited.

I am looking into getting cams now but can't decide what other foal system I am going to use with them. I have been looking through old chats to see what the general consensus is and breeders alert seems to be popular and affordable.

CONGRATS on all the future babies! How exciting to be able to know for sure. Still haven't found a vet with an ultrasound here, so relying on teasing.

I have only used the cams with the Equipage alarms so can't vouch for any other system. I really like it. I can go to sleep, and when the equipage goes off, I just look at the camera to see if it is a true or false alarm. If you have cams only then you have to watch them 24/7 in order for them to be effective. If you have only the equipage, then you are going out to the barn several times a night to see if it is a true or false alarm. This is especially true if you have a mare that will sleep flat out on her side up until she delivers.

HTH! Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
This will be my first mini foal too. With the quarter horses they were out in a big pasture and we would wake up the next morning with a new one out there. With everything I have read on mini's I decided I could not leave it to nature. I even have a blackberry that is supposed to be able to let me watch the cams once I get them up and going and have them on-line. We have dial-up at home...live to far out for anything more than that...but the info I have been reading says that should not be a problem. Now my 16 year old daughter may not agree when the phone line is tied up!!! May have to get a second line!

I am just soo excited. I only had the one mare last year and we missed her. Bred her twice and nothing took. I got another mare and thought that would give me a better chance of catching at least one of them but another mare came up for sale I just could not pass up and I am so glad I got her. She is such a sweet heart. And a good mommy. She came with a colt at her side and she is so good with him.

All pintos and all of them are different colors so we should have colorful foals next year!!

[SIZE=36pt]Congrats!!!![/SIZE] WOW...all these new mares(and not so new ones too!) bred for next year!!!!!!!! Mine is confirmed(US) for may 10th. Boy what a longgg winter we have in store for us.
default_wacko.png

[SIZE=36pt]Congrats!!!![/SIZE] WOW...all these new mares(and not so new ones too!) bred for next year!!!!!!!! Mine is confirmed(US) for may 10th. Boy what a longgg winter we have in store for us.
default_wacko.png

Oh I know it. And I am sure I will be bugging everyone everytime any of them even sneeze. I think Dr's call it first time mother syndrome!!

Charlie Horse, my grulla mare is in foal to Shellys stallion that is in her avitar! He is a silver dapple and is Homozygous for pinto!!!! I can't WAIT!!!!!! We will have color too!!

Baby pics will be a must!! My friends all think I am crazy. I carry around more pics of my horses than I do my kids!!
Are you kidding! I'm... ahemm.... old enough to be your mother, and I still carry pictures of my horses instead of the grandkids. Makes hubby so frustrated!
default_whistling.gif

Latest posts

Back