We're here.......

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your Youths did awesome!
default_aktion033.gif

Your mom did a fantastic job on the display! I'm enjoying your posts about what's going on there.

default_yes.gif

Adam, I am enjoying the information you are giving out and love the pictures, Thanks so very much for taking the time to share Nationsl with us stay at homes. Wish I were there. Mary

Its a tad to warm today, but its been nice so far...staying cool, but today its just hot. Have four more to clip today too. Hopefully it cools down, i snapped some photos but cannot upload them until i get back home and off sheryls laptop.
default_smile.png
Nice pics by the way
default_smile.png

Today was a big day for Longman Miniatures. Our Youth exhibitors are done, but our Amateurs are just starting. Nancy (Daisy's mom) and Daisy showed in halter and driving today. They were Number 1 in my book, but left the ring with experience and a whole lot of fun. This is a huge accomplishment as Nancy really hasn't shown in halter (2 times) or driving (wait.....today was her first time driving EVER!!!). But, she got a whole lot out of Daisy and we were SOOOOOO proud. Pictures of Nancy driving Miss Daisy below.

2008_0907Nationals0018.jpg

2008_0907Nationals0023.jpg

2008_0907Nationals0024.jpg

Also, we sponsored the Youth High Point Age 7 and Under Award - there are some pictures posted below from the awards ceremony. The little girl who won did a fantastic job all show. Congratulations!!!!

2008_0907Nationals0015.jpg

2008_0907Nationals0016.jpg

We finished clipping all of our Futurity horses for tomorrow - faces, etc... are done and the horses are ready to go. I guess, so am I. It's fun watching, but I really want to be showing too.

Finally, Allie and her family left today back towards Minnesota. Their final day here was a HUGE one. When they first arrived down here, Allie asked me if she could submit her essay for the Youth Horse. This is an essay contest where youth write in stating why they deserve a horse. The reason she asked was that the horse would ultimately be in our barn and have to ride home with us.
default_smile.png
I'll post her essay in a post later tonight - it was amazing and tear-jerking all in one. Today, at the awards ceremony, Little King Farm presented Allie with a show gelding
default_new_shocked.gif
default_new_shocked.gif
default_new_shocked.gif
It was decided that she was a well-deserving youth. Allies "new" gelding drives, jumps and does halter. All this and he's sired by AMHA National Grand Champion Stallion, Baccara. Allie floated back to Minnesota I'm quite sure. I'll try to get pictures of the "new addition" tomorrow. Look closely at the pictures and you will see the progression of how the presentation went. They didn't just announce her name, they began reading her essay. You can see as her whole family begins to understand that they just won the horse. I can honestly say I don't know there was a dry eye in the house - even Mark Bullington was choked up reading her essay. WAY TO GO ALLIE!!!!!

2008_0907Nationals0002.jpg

2008_0907Nationals0004.jpg

2008_0907Nationals0005.jpg

2008_0907Nationals0006.jpg

2008_0907Nationals0007.jpg

2008_0907Nationals0012.jpg

Congratulations Allie!
default_risa8.gif
I got to see the ceremony and it was truly heart-warming. What a deserving young lady Allie is.

I watched also as they presented Allie with her new horse. Congratulations Allie. Hoping you are at Nationals next year with your new horse. This was a very special moment in time.

Quick update. Lisa and Charlie (the horse) took Reserve in the Amateur Over class - WAY TO GO LISA!!!! Also, Ramona and Phantom got 6th out of a huge Amateur Under Stallion class.

Good work ladies!

All the horses are clipped, almost all the muzzles and the dentist was here today. I think we're ready for Futurity night!

Congratulations to Allie!!! That is really cool.......hope they print her essay in the Journal.

Sounds like our fellow forum members are doing well......congrats to all !

Wow Adam you must have roller skates on 24 hrs a day!

How do you get it all done?

I love that you are willing to share so much with all of us back home. Thank You.

And when you told about your boyfriend showing up it brought tears to my eyes!It is so romantic!
default_wub.png
:wub

Thank you for sharing and good luck!

Hugs

Bonnie

Adam, As we speak (type)... I am packing to leave for Tulsa !!!!!!! I will arrive Tuesday morning. I am picking up my friend at 3am and heading to Buffalo to catch our flight. Any hints before I leave? I see they are calling for rain all week. Is it really warm there and cool at night?

Lisa Krick (I will stop by and say hi)

default_aktion033.gif
WOW!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATE'S to Allie!! HOLLY COW!!!!!!! That's tear jerking to just read what you wrote about Allie with out even reading her essay!! That is just awesome!!! You are having a GREAT Nationals Adam! That is so great of you to keep us that are stuck here at home involved! SO NICE for all the updates!!!!!! I wish I was down there right now where it's WARM! It's FAR from being warm in Nebraska right now!! HOLLY COW.... we got lots of rain and tonight is suppose to get down to 36 degress!!!!!!!! BUHR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not ready for this cold stuff yet!!!

OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!!! So, it has turned into a great Nationals for me (not that it already wasn't). Here's the story. So I have been dating an amazing guy for the past several months. He wasn't able to come to Nationals (don't see him for 2 weeks), then work schedules are exactly opposite for a week when I get home (3 weeks total), then I'm off to Worlds to help out another trainer with his show string (yep, clipping 36 more horses and facials
default_rolleyes.gif
) so that would make 1 month 4 days of not seeing him. I was a little cranky. I just got out of the shower to my phone ringing. It was him. He said he wished he could be here to help me out and watch the horses, etc.... I never really say much because it makes me upset to think about not seeing him. Then there was knocking on the door. I told him he had to hold on so I could answer the door, there he was!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a guy, he just drove 16 hours to see me - took off a week from work even. I'm so darn lucky - this has to be a good sign of the week yet to come.

Awwwww....

I will tell you that the decorations look as good in person as they do in pictures. We are stalled just around the corner (Wild Oak Farm & Make A Wish Farm) - haven't had much visiting time yet but will come by and say hello.
default_smile.png

I'm sorry we missed the youth presentation, what a wonderful story.

Jan

Hi guys or should I saw good morning. I just got back to the hotel at 1am from Futurity night. We had a great afternoon/evening. Our colt placed 6th in a class of 26. Loris' weanling filly made the final cut of 15 horses out of a class larger than 50 horses, Axel (my 2y/o stallion) placed 9th in his Futurity class. We are really quite pleased with how the horses did. Tomorrow we, FINALLY, have a light day. I have to clip just 3 horses, but we only show in one class, so it shoud work out quite well. I do have pictures, but just can't stay up to download them tonight
default_no.gif
I'm way too tired.

Another of my great clients is here today as well - this will be the first Nationals for us that ALL of our clients are able to attend to watch their kids show. It's a great feeling knowing the amount of support that we have.
default_smile.png
Have a great night and I'll talk to you all tomorrow.

Adam, As we speak (type)... I am packing to leave for Tulsa !!!!!!! I will arrive Tuesday morning. I am picking up my friend at 3am and heading to Buffalo to catch our flight. Any hints before I leave? I see they are calling for rain all week. Is it really warm there and cool at night?
Lisa Krick (I will stop by and say hi)
Lisa -

It is SUPER hot during the day here and chilly at night. I was wearing show clothes all afternoon, but tonight after we got done was in a sweatshirt and was still cool.

Latest posts

Back