We're here.......

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alongman

Reaction score
We left yesterday afternoon from the farm in Minnesota and arrived in Tulsa at about 5am today. It is VERY cold here (mid-50's today) along with off/on rain and heavy showers all day and strong winds. They are saying that the weather from Gustav should be through here by tomorrow, but the weather forecasters are predicting that other storms are on the way from the other tropical storms out there.

Anyway. We are here, the horses are all settled in and doing well. Our stall decorations are "partially up" as we gave up and let the wind win round one. Tomorrow, they WILL go up
default_smile.png

I wish everyone were able to enjoy this - no amount of poor weather is going to rain on my parade at Nationals. We always have a great time. I will keep everyone updated how we're doing.

Glad you made it safe and sound! Now go win some hardware!!!
default_firstprize.gif

Thanks for the weather update.......packing extra blankets and jackets!
default_smile.png

Jan

Hi Adam!!!!!!!
default_saludando.gif
default_saludando.gif
default_saludando.gif

Please take a lot of pictures and post them for us that didn't get to go!

Good luck buddy! Bring home the bacon!

Glad that you arrived safely. Hope the weather improves for you have much success in the show ring.

Ahh Adam, you can handle a little cold, your from MN!

Good luck, bring home some bragging rights.

Yes, good luck and please post pics if you can!! I miss being there this year SO MUCH!! Plan to be back next year though! We had just missed the big storm last year when we arrived there last year!

Supposed to be heavy rains in the midwest today so for those planning to travel, please be careful! They are naming Missouri, eastern Iowa, southern Wisconsin and northern Illinois today. Also into the Great Lakes areas. Heading for Ohio area by tomorrow.

Good luck to all, will look forward to hearing from all of you and pics if you can!! Go Adam!

Good luck Adam. Keep us posted on your winnings!!!

Thanks for the update.....best of luck to you!

Keep the updates coming.....fun to hear the national news.

Raining here now in Iowa and VERY cool outside.....down right chilly.

Hey Adam! Glad to hear you made it down there safe and sound. There weather here has been unusually cool too. I think we're in for another LONG, COLD winter. Yuck!!!!

Good luck you you at the show and keep us posted on how it's going.
default_smile.png

Hi Adam!
default_saludando.gif

We'll be looking for ya next week!

Stay warm and dry! Good luck!

Hi Adam! Glad you made it to Tulsa safely. Don't worry about this cool weather; it will be hot and humid for you this weekend!
default_wacko.png

Give Addy and Charlie a treat for me when you see them.
default_wub.png
See you this weekend!

Good luck Adam! When we had outside stalls and the monsoon rains came, we bought rolls of clear contruction plastic and stapled them over the bars of the stalls on both side (think a upside down U shape) and it kept off the worst of the wind & rain. When it dried up, we just pulled it off.

Hey guys, back in the hotel tonight after being in the barns since about 5am today. I clipped a LOT of horses today, bathed some and finally was able to set up our stall decorations. I'll post pictures of the tack stall tomorrow (we're pretty excited because our farm won the Tack Stall Award last year). My mom worked really hard for about 10 hours today putting it all together. Our first clients made it down today - Allie got to practice her showmanship (she's in the first PMC Youth class in the morning) and driving.

We got our "surprises" done for the clients so they get them when they arrive. You have to keep it a secret, but after the photo shoot, we ordered each of the clients a picture of their horse. We use the pictures for our advertising, etc... ANYWAYS, today, we found this idea. We had t-shirts made with each of the horses pictures and their barn name (on the back) and our logo/farm name (on the front). SOOOOOOO, hopefully each of the clients can wear their shirt and promote their horses from the side of the ring as well.
default_smile.png

Also, found out our website is updated - WOO HOO!!! Thanks Rob!

The rains have stopped and the sun was out today - still cool (mid-60's) but definitely a change from the downpours.

Lisa - I did see Charlie today (looking FINE) and Addy is on my list to clip tomorrow morning
default_smile.png

Ok, it's been a busy day. I'm going to head to bed for a few hours then back to the barn at 5am. Anyone is welcome to stop by for coffee or a soda and chat while I clip away.

ah man, wish I could be there. Maybe next year you could use a hand.............you wouldnt even notice me.

Hey Adam~ I'm looking forward to some pictures of the stall decorations to help tie me over until I get there!

I have no idea how you clip so many horses. You are a clipping machine! Hope you got some rest last night.

See you first thing Saturday morning!
default_saludando.gif
Hooray!

Hi Adam Glad you got there safe and sound
default_smile.png
Please post pics and keep us updated on your wins for those of us who can't be there.

Maybe next year (sigh)

Yvonne

So fun to hear about all 'the happenings' there -- I am soooooo jealous about not being able to go this year and it is driving me crazy
default_wacko.png
I am sure that everyone I know will soon turn off their cell phones so they don't have to listen to it ringing and ignore me!

Adam - good luck to you (you don't need it - you'll do great!). Anyone who thinks that the bill they get from a trainer for Nationals/Worlds is kind of steep REALLY ought to go to one of these shows sometime and witness what incredibly hard work the trainers put in - with barely 4 hours of sleep for over 2 weeks straight -- it is a marathon for sure - I don't know how they do it!
default_new_shocked.gif

Again, keep those updates comming -- thanks Adam
default_saludando.gif

Stacy

Latest posts

Back