We're here.......

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys, back at the hotel to shower and then head back to the barns. I started clipping this morning at 5am - got 8 done before noon
default_wacko.png
Three facials followed this afternoon. I can tell you that I think I clipped the Grand Champion Over mare this morning. Truly an amazing animal - it truly was an honor to work with her. I am very proud of my own horses and HOPE that they get to compete against this mare, but at the same time would absolutely hate being up against her.
default_smile.png
Congrats to her owner.

Here's my news so far from today:

1) TONS of pictures are coming later this evening. I had to sacrifice the batteries in the camera to the little clipper so I need to get batteries for my downloads.

2) My Youth PMC Showmanship team (Allie and Chancellor) got 3rd out of an amazing group of kids - these guys have the hearts of people three times their size and beyond in years. I admire this little girl and her determination more than you could ever know. She's learned how to handle the horse from me, I've learned a whole lot about life from her. A fair trade.

3) I clipped my Jazz son!!!!! OMG, he's stunning. I'm usually my own worse critic, but I was so proud of where I've come with my breeding program. I knew he had a "look" that would either put him in the winners circle or heading to the gate darn fast. During our bath/clipping, I had several well-known critics stop by to ask if he was a) for sale; b) showing; and c) in their class. One even said that "he's the best colt I've seen all year judging and showing". I was walking on clouds. (pictures coming tonight that we took after the clipping session).

4) Got to see one of our "girls" that went to live with another AMAZING showperson. Last year, one of our fillies went to live with Jasmine Schlick (if you don't know her, she's an inspiration on a Lark). Jasmine has a physical disability but you would never know it - she can outshow almost anyone. Anyway, our girl is with Jasmine and looks AMAZING. I wish Jasmine and CharDoNeigh the best of luck as they show in the morning (pictures coming of them too.)

I'll be back in a couple hours. I have a few more faces to do tonight, so hopefully in bed before midnight
default_smile.png

default_saludando.gif
Hi Adam!

default_aktion033.gif
So great to hear the wounderful compliments you are getting with your horses!! Well deserved!! Congrate's!! You do have some NICE horses!!
default_wub.png

Doing all the clipping & facials (just you talking about it) wears me out!!!!! That is a TON of work!!! I HATE doing noses with a passion! So I envy anyone that can do a good job.... I suppose that comes with HOURS of practice!!

It's VERY CHILLY in Nebraska! No rain, very dry here..... so I'm glad we're not wet with the VERY CHILLY (early fall) weather! So in that aspect I'm glad I don't have (just one) clipped horse that has to be blanketed....

I DO so wish I could of been there......

I wish you the best and can't wait to see some photos!!
default_smile.png

OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!!! So, it has turned into a great Nationals for me (not that it already wasn't). Here's the story. So I have been dating an amazing guy for the past several months. He wasn't able to come to Nationals (don't see him for 2 weeks), then work schedules are exactly opposite for a week when I get home (3 weeks total), then I'm off to Worlds to help out another trainer with his show string (yep, clipping 36 more horses and facials
default_rolleyes.gif
) so that would make 1 month 4 days of not seeing him. I was a little cranky. I just got out of the shower to my phone ringing. It was him. He said he wished he could be here to help me out and watch the horses, etc.... I never really say much because it makes me upset to think about not seeing him. Then there was knocking on the door. I told him he had to hold on so I could answer the door, there he was!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a guy, he just drove 16 hours to see me - took off a week from work even. I'm so darn lucky - this has to be a good sign of the week yet to come.

Adam,

I'm loving your updates! Not being there is hard but seeing through your stories is making much easier to take.
default_yes.gif
But hearing your story about your partner coming all the way to see you was just awesome!!! That's really special!

Now, get back to work on those horses!
default_wink.png

2008_0905Nationals0055.jpg

These are the colt, Longman's Legacy Lexington (aka Stanley)

2008_0905Nationals0016.jpg

2008_0905Nationals0021.jpg

2008_0905Nationals0027.jpg

Allie and Chance in their PMC Youth Showmanship - they got 3rd

2008_0905Nationals0029.jpg

2008_0905Nationals0038.jpg

Leonard - he's such a great show manager! EXCELLENT JOB! (Great legs too
default_smile.png

2008_0905Nationals0035.jpg

Jasmine and CharDoNeigh (aka Candace)

2008_0905Nationals0039.jpg

2008_0905Nationals0041.jpg

I will get pictures of the tack stall in the morning when there are less people in the area
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's the Youth Costume - Under class pictures. I wasn't able to get pictures of all 24 entries, but these are a few that I thought were cute. All the costumes were amazing! I wish I were that creative.

I know a couple of these were among the placings, but don't know where they placed (or in most cases who the horses are or even the kids......). If you see someone you know, please let me know so I can edit this posting.

Princesses and their knights

2008_0905Nationals0051.jpg

2008_0905Nationals0049.jpg

A birthday present

2008_0905Nationals0048.jpg

The Energizer Bunny and a battery

2008_0905Nationals0047.jpg

A rotten tooth and a dentist

2008_0905Nationals0042.jpg

This is Allie, Samantha and Chance - they are a washer, dryer and basket of clothes
default_smile.png

2008_0905Nationals0046.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Adam, can you tell or suggest to stall mgt that they forgot the door over by your stall?

The whole barn would appreicate it on those windy & rainy days like when you arrived.

Well are you & Lee comparing minis yet? You both seem to have alot winners each year?

Lee seems to use his "reed end decorations" to block some of the weather.

Yours looked almost like flags the 1st day.
default_saludando.gif

Couldn't sleep and had to check out the photos! Those costums are just WOW!!!!!!!!
default_new_shocked.gif

They are all just out of this world! I could also NEVEr be that creative for something like that. I do have to say I love that birthday present one!! Neat!

Adam that is SOOOOOOOOO cool to have a very thoughtful/caring person like that in your life!! That is very special!
default_wub.png

And love that baby you have! Very nice!

Thanks SO MUCH for taking photos of the classes & sharing them!!!

Hi Adam,

Thanks for updates on Nationals ! I couldn't be there this year, so these updates and photos are awesome. Keep 'em comin! I check the forum everyday to see what is new in Tulsa.

Very nice colt you have there. Tell mom hello for me.

Good luck

Steph in Iowa

Adam- Thanks for the updates. It makes not being there still exciting. How's the weather now? Does it seem like it's going to get warmer? Keep up the good work and glad your boyfriend was able to surprise you. That just makes it better. Good luck with the rest of Nationals. Will take you up on the coffee. Will be there Tuesday evening. Can't wait. Tell mom hi. The Sisters

Hey guys, here's the mid-afternoon update. I just got done clipping 7 horses and bathing a few more. I have one left to go, but I came back to the hotel to get cleaned up. Allie is driving this afternoon and then one halter class this early evening.

The weather is overcast today - it rained quite heavily this morning. I agree - I asked about the doors on the ends of the building. They used to have them, but they were ruined by the winds, so they were taken down and not replaced. Our decorations were wet but they look good now. Pictures coming this afternoon.

Gotta run,

Have a great day and good luck to those of you who are here.

Hi Adam,

It's been fun reading this thread! I am coming to Tulsa Tuesday night as a spectator. Reading this thread and seeing your pics is really making me look forward to it. Keep the reports coming!

Back at the hotel again and it's only 11:30pm. Today was a great day! Allie and Chance placed 3rd in the PMC Youth M/G class with some stiff competition and 4th in the PMC Driving class. We are so very proud. Also, Jasmine placed 6th out of 24 horses with Longman's Champ CharDoNeigh. All of our homebred kids are kicking some serious butt with their youth/PMC handlers!!!!
default_smile.png
I have pictures of Allie driving Miss Daisy in her class.

2008_0906Nationals0008.jpg

Jason had a busy day - he had to go shopping ;) Then helped get horses ready. Here's how he recovered. (I want to mention I didn't get a nap!!! ;)

2008_0906Nationals0001.jpg

Nancy Olson, one of my great clients and friends, came down today - she got a driving lesson from Daisy (her horse) and I. She gets to show her in both halter and driving here and is mildly nervous and anxious about it all. Here's a picture of her practicing for her halter classes in the morning.

2008_0906Nationals0018.jpg

The evening brought about our annual "end of youth classes pizza party". Here's the gang all enjoying some "home cooked" goodness
default_smile.png

2008_0906Nationals0011.jpg
2008_0906Nationals0012.jpg

Here's some random shots when we were walking around - Ann Linze catching her babies in the stall; Megan Hatfield getting ready to drive; the Eberths' playing bean bags.

2008_0906Nationals0009.jpg
2008_0906Nationals0010.jpg

2008_0906Nationals0025.jpg

Finally, here's the Longman Miniatures stalls. My mom worked VERY hard on these this year as I was dealing with the horses.

2008_0906Nationals0002.jpg

2008_0906Nationals0003.jpg

2008_0906Nationals0004.jpg

2008_0906Nationals0005.jpg

I hope you guys are having a great Nationals or are enjoying reading about it. Sorry if some of the photos are not rotated, I'm having a computer literacy problem tonight.

Adam,

Your stalls are amazing! Your mom did an awesome job!
default_thumbup.gif
She deserves an award for all that work.
default_firstprize.gif
And a big congrats to your youth! I bet your very proud of them all.
default_wub.png

Keep the updates coming. Mark and I both look forward to them.
default_saludando.gif

Your colt looks amazing!

Tell your mom....great job on the stall decorations.....what a cool idea to use a barn window as a picture frame.

Sure sounds and looks like lots of work but also lots of fun.

Congrats on your youth clients placings and good luck in the days to come.

Oh Adam please can I be friends with your mother? She has outdone herself. As an avid fall decorator myself we surely can share some ideas. She actually fixed you up with a trellis????? Oh my gosh that is pure genius. Lovely florals. Lovely fall display. What are those wood tables there? I can't see them too good? Did she haul in your living room furniture???????? OMG

Best wishes to you Adam!

Marty -

The "wood tables" are boxes that have tiled tops - they were her idea to use as display tables. The trellis is an archway that she made, by hand, if you look closely at the inside of the archway picture, you can see that she also made a water fountain! The furniture we rented when we got down here so our clients would have someplace comfortable to sit instead of those collapsable chairs - just a little piece of home for them
default_smile.png

My mom LOVES to do this - she won the Tack Room Award in 2007 and would LOVE to repeat it again this year.

I will try to get better pictures for everyone.

Adam I am so enjoying your updates and pictures! Almost feels as if I'm there. Good luck in all the classes ...your horses are amazing...and your Mom did a wonderful job with the set-up!

Hi Adam

Wow!! Your Mom is so creative, i love it. And i love the barn window pictures!

Keep the updates coming, and good luck.

default_aktion033.gif
That looks very AWESOME!! Your mom did a out standing job!!! She should get an award for that!!
default_biggrin.png

Back