We're here!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dixie_belle

Reaction score
I know you guys are just sick of hearing from me. But, too bad. You'll just have to live with it. LOL

It's been some long hard days, but we are finally in and almost unpacked. Of course, I still can't find a ding dang thing. But that's old age, I think.

And who snuck into my house and added stuff for the movers to move? What's with that?? Here I thought I had been pretty good about decluttering and downsizing and then the packers arrived and boxed up more boxes than I thought possible. And what is wrong with me that my chicken collection took up like 15 boxes? Really? Who in their right mind has that many chickens. Oh wait.....I do. But then I'm most definitely not in my right mind.

We've had our cable installed and high speed internet. The man came and knocked on the door and my little doggie did her little dog bark thing but couldn't figure out where the front door was. That was pretty funny.

The contractor arrives this morning sometime to give us an estimate on installing a garage or carport (whichever hubby decides he has to have). I'm ok with a carport as it would be so much more cost effective but he has the "need" for a garage. Whatever he wants is ok though as he gave up so much recently.....all his car toys: 6 mazda miatas and our 1960 Lincoln. OK, don't even ask. He's been a car lover forever. (and sorta a car hoarder if you really want to know, but we're not going there)

The little town we moved to is Glasgow, KY. What a cute town. OMG, everyone has been super friendly and helpful. We had the carpet cleaner come out before our stuff arrived and he said he was a local guy and we could call him anytime if we needed help with anything. He even offered to help unload our trailer. And pretty much everyone has been like that. I'm so impressed.

This afternoon I'm doing a big grocery shop at wal-mart. I haven't shopped in like 6 weeks because I didn't want to move groceries. Cooking last evening was an adventure. I finally made shrimp fried rice. I had some shrimp in the freezer and some frozen peas and corn and rice that I moved so.......fried rice it was. It was our first meal in our new house.

And I found my coffee maker (finally) so I am having a cup of coffee this morning. First time in a week. How did I survive without it???

Tuesday was a really tough day. I had to say goodbye to my beloved horses. I went out into the pasture and handed out carrots and apples and just lost it. The move finally became real when I had to leave them. I still choke up when I think about them. They are the only thing I'm really going to miss.

But, hubby is really unable to work the farm and I couldn't do it all, so a move was in our best interest. He's been exhausted throughout this entire ordeal. He goes to bed sometimes at 8:30 and sleeps almost 12 hours. Yesterday he drove the truck when we went to drop off boxes at the dump. OMG, scared the geepers out of me. He's great as a navigator, not so much as the pilot. But you can't take everything away from him. Someone asked me how he is, the other day. All I can say is that I went from being married to a vital, active man to being married to my grandfather. But, hey, it is what it is.

So that's pretty much it from our new place. We're here, my little long haired Chihuahua is here, it's going to be a good thing. And as soon as I get all my pictures up, it will begin to feel much more like "home".

Thank all of you for your kind words, and support. It's been a difficult transition. One I wouldn't have made without much thought and consideration. But one that was inevitable. And better now than in 5 years. We are hoping that with less work, hubby will not be so tired and his quality of life will improve.

So sad that you both had to give up what you love. Is it possible for you to visit your horses from time to time or are you cutting all ties with them? Setting up a new home is fun isn't it?

Yeah! Glad to hear you are settling in.

As the garage carport dilemma; perhaps a pole barn style carport now that could be enclosed later when you see fit, just a thought.

So glad to hear that everything worked out so good for you guys! Now getting settled in and starting that new adventure!

Latest posts

Back