We're Back!! Mary FOALED 5/14- FILLY!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
good on you for being so good with checking
default_smile.png
I'm sure you are safe to get some sleep though. I would check on her hourly if you are really worried, she sounds like she is doing brilliantly so maybe a check twice or three times during the night would be a good idea. Sounds like she is on the mend, all thanks to you!

Oh sorry to hear that little Mayci has been feeling bad. Thanks to your vigilant eye it sounds like she is better. Foals should poop often but it is usually hard to find in the straw/shavings.

Just checked on her one last time before I go to sleep- she was sleeping as she should be (not sprawled out and not laboring at all). Fingers crossed we've crossed the bridge!

Mary is being a very attentive mother, and I'm sure Mayci really appreciates all her doting
default_smile.png

I'll be up a couple times through the night to make sure she's still doing ok. My dad says since she has been standing and not laying down so often that she is feeling a lot better- I am so glad he was here for all of this, his horse experience trumps mine by a million.

Anyways, thanks again for the support! I'll update in the morning. Probably wont sleep very well, but once morning breaks and she is up and running I will be able to breathe again.

Aww bless her! Well done to you for being so attentive and realising things were not right. Sending prayers that little Mayci is now on the mend.
default_yes.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Great catch! You did very well at noticing something wasn't right. Sounds like she'll be just fine now and things have moved through. It's hard to "see" how many times babies poop -- because as Renee has said -- their poop is very hard to find in the bedding. But if she's back up and moving around, she sounds like she's on the mend !! Good job!!!

This morning little Mayci was up and running around, bucking and playing like she should be. She sure does love to back up to her momma and buck at her belly- pretty funny!!

My dad saw her urinate this morning but I haven't seen any evidence of poop- but it very well could be lost in the straw or something. They haven't been stalled up since the vets been out because she wanted her to have room to run and get her gut moving, so she has had plenty of space to run and play and poop in.

With her nursing, playing and sleeping normally I am beginning to feel relieved- but I won't be done worrying until a week has passed.

Oh the vet called with the IgG results and she is well above normal so that is also a good sign.

More updates later!!

Can't wait. If she's acting fine, she probably is!

So WHERE are the pictures?????

Last edited:
Here are a couple to keep you satisfied until I can upload all the others
default_smile.png

Had some visitors stop by today after catching a glimpse of Mayci through the fence. Would you believe it if I told you they tried to buy her from me?! I was speechless and a little annoyed but I guess what can you expect from people when you have an adorable filly trotting around in front of them
default_smile.png

Still haven't seen a poo pile or seen her poo, but my dad saw her pee about an hour ago. And she is still super rowdy (taking after her daddy haha!) and doesn't seem to be in pain or anything.

I'll keep everyone updated for sure

image.jpg

image.jpg

What a sweet heart, I just love her pink pj's
default_smile.png
I am so glad she is happy and playing agian.
default_thumbup.gif

Latest posts

Back