We're Back!! Mary FOALED 5/14- FILLY!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just gorgeous
default_smile.png
I think she will be like her mum as far as colour goes but I am no expert.

Thanks for sharing pics of Maybel, she is a real cutie and so is Rowdy.
default_smile.png

Maybel sure is cute- I just love her to death, even when she is being a brat haha!

And it seems like Mayci is going to take after Maybel with the attitude- she is a bucking/kicking fool haha.

I'm pretty sure I have an exact replica of Mary- perfect!!

My dad said her mane and tail being gray like that mean they will turn flaxen. Is that correct?

There are variations to the flaxen colour, she could be mixed grey like Rowdy's forelock or it could turn lighter. Again I am no expert so lets see what the others think
default_smile.png

Oh thanks for the pictures - they sure do make a very handsome group of minis.
default_thumbup.gif

I think Mayci will have the same colour mane as Rowdy - or his forelock - very attractive!

Great name -- is it Mayci or Mayzi? I'm voting for Mayzi -- as I just love the spelling!

Great pictures of all!

Great work posting this pics!! Well done! She is gorgeous, love her name, and I agree with the girls same colour as mummy maybe with flaxen mane
default_smile.png
perfect! ❤ She is gorgeous, love her tiny little head
default_smile.png

I'm thinking the spelling will be Mayci, sorry to disappoint the others!

I'm going to post another round of pictures later
default_smile.png

Mayci is a fab name and rightly so for such a beautiful little girl
default_smile.png
We like to threw out ideas that's all.
default_smile.png
keep the pics coming

Sorry for the lack of pictures- my parents came into town and it has been keeping me busy!

Mayci had to have an enema today because I hadn't seen her poop since last night and when she would squat to urinate I could tell she was trying to poop. She was also kicking at her stomach with her back feet and stomping.

Did one good enema and had quite a bit come out- but we are going to give her another one later this evening just to be safe.

She is very active and has been nursing and urinating normally- so I'm not too worried but I'm keeping a close eye on her.

Mary is back to normal- nonstop eating, pooped normally, and she is proving herself an excellent mother, once again! She is so great with the filly when it comes to nursing- Mary will move her back legs and take a step forward to give Mayci more room to nurse.

I'm sure Mayci appreciates it, but she sure doesn't show it! She has been bucking and kicking her mom like crazy haha.

They were turned out into the bigger pen today- about 30x20- and they definitely enjoyed it. Luckily they got an hour or two of sun before the rain hit.

When it started to pour I put them up but will probably let them out again after she has her second enema. At least for an hour or two before they are put up for the night.

Tomorrow, weather permitting, I'm planning to turn them out on the grass. I'll definitely get some pics of that!!

That's all I have for now! Not by my computer, so no pics just yet. Sorry!

Thanks for the update and well spotted poop police
default_smile.png
it is great to hear that both girls are doing great. I hope the weather clears for you and I am looking forward to new pics.
default_smile.png

default_sad.png
I need some reassurance!!

Vet is on the way...Mayci started rolling and I'm not taking any chances.

Say some prayers please!!

Well the vet has come and gone.

She did another enema and then have her some ulcer Meds that also help with constipation.

Have some banamine on hand in case I need to give her a tiny bit, but won't do that unless I've been told to by the vet.

She has urinated a couple times since, and has pooped- but it isn't solid consistency. Although after having two enemas it wouldn't be solid to begin with. Vet said a little straining is normal after enemas but to call if we see any rolling.

My dad kept her walking for quite some time and she really seems to be fine by just watching her- running, bucking, kicking. All things I wouldn't think a foal with an inverted intestine (one worry the vet had) would want to be doing.

She is also nursing normally so that is a good sign.

She has been sound asleep for the last half hour- we wiped her out with all the walking and the vet check. She isnt laid out flat like she was doing this morning so that's a good sign- she seems comfortable.

Sorry if this post is all over the place, my mind is racing a mile a minute and I'm still running on low amounts of sleep.

I'm keepin a close eye on her over the night- any rolling and the vet will be notified. Hopefully she takes tonight to rest up and fill her belly and tomorrow morning I find a little poo pile of hers- fingers crossed!

I have a question for you all- how often would a mini foal normally poop? Once a day, multiple times a day?

I appreciate the positive thoughts and prayers- keep them coming until she is out of the woods please
default_smile.png

oh you poor thing, nothing worse than your baby being sick
default_sad.png
glad she seems to be on the mend and well done to you for getting the vet out so quick! I'm sure she will be fine
default_smile.png

Thanks Cassie- the reassurance really helps, even just hearing good things makes it feel better!

Just went out and checked on her- she was up and running. No kicking at her stomach, nursed for a while and went back to running around and worrying her mother.

She didn't roll or anything either, and I didn't notice any teeth grinding (something the vet noticed and said it meant she was in pain).

Hopefully she is just going up from her on out

Just went out to check on her for the fifth time in 30 minutes. She had been sleeping soundly before, but when I just went out there she was up and moving- very, very good sign. I'm a little relieved.

But I won't be done worrying like crazy until a day or two pass with everyone being ok.

Latest posts

Back