We're Back!! Mary FOALED 5/14- FILLY!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SHE IS DOWN! Water broke and she is in labor!!

It's a FILLY!!! Looks like my boy Rowdy is a filly producing fool!

Oh congratulations
default_smile.png
Well done Mary and Rowdy. I can't wait for pics.

Congratulations!! Now seriously, did you make up this entire thread just to spite me?!
default_new_rofl.gif

Can't wait for pics

Oh that is soo exciting!! Congratulations!!! :D so glad all went well! Love to hear more details once everyone is settled
default_smile.png
oh and you must send some piccies to me
default_smile.png

Alright everyone...now for the details!!

Just after 11:30 she laid down. Went in and checked on her, she was contracting.

Couple minutes later, about 15 or 20 I would say, water broke. And it came a gushin on out there!!

It was about twenty minutes later that I started to panic because I didn't see a bag coming out. Called the vet and as soon as they answered I saw a nose and a foot come out- hung up and starting helping. Her left foot was tucked back up inside and I had to reach in and unbend it- luckily it was very close to the outside world.

After that she rushed out and joined the world!!

Took about 25 minutes to stand and another 15 to start eating.

Mary passed the placenta and everything looked fine.

Then Mary started laying down a lot and squealing when the baby would touch her. I wasn't going to wait another second so I called the vet. He have her some banamine and checked over her and the filly. I was also worried that Mary was bleeding a lot, but he said it was totally fine.

She is a lot better since the banamine. Has let the filly nurse and isn't squealing as much but is still talkative (I'm assuming just communicating with the filly?).

He said it was a good sign she had gut sounds and was munching on hay.

Right now her and the filly are laying down next to each other. I don't think Mary is in pain anymore, just exhausted! Oh they just got up.

I think Mary is trying to give me the hint to leave them the heck alone now.

Now, about the filly.

She is an exact replica of her mom!! Not a speck of white that I can see. And she is a little spitfire too- already bucked at me haha!

She is trying to nurse right now but Mary keeps interrupting with her nuzzling.

I'll measure her tomorrow and see what we are looking at, but I think she is a tad taller than Maybel was when she was born. This one can't walk under Mary as easily as Maybel did.

I've only got a few pics but I will email them to Cassie and hopefully she can put them up for you all to see soon
default_smile.png

And more to come tomorrow!!

Alright, pictures sent to Cassie.

I'm going to get some sleep for a few hours before I go check on them again. She has nursed multiple times, Mary seems fine (maybe slightly uncomfortable but the banamine was only given like 15/20minutes ago. Since the baby has nursed and last time I checked she was laying down sleeping, I'm sure it is fine for Mary to get some rest (and me too!).

I'll update tomorrow.

sorry we are watching The Block lol

here's the pics of the new little filly
default_smile.png

sooo cute!! so glad everything went well. congrats agan
default_smile.png

image.jpeg

image(1).jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Cassie, what a sweet heart
default_smile.png
She looks buckskin in the second one
default_firstprize.gif
default_thumbup.gif

Oh well done Mary!!
default_thumbup.gif
default_thumbup.gif
Another filly - brilliant!!

Many congratulatons!! Thank you for the pictures Cassie - isn't she a little cutie!
default_yes.gif

Dont forget to give Mary several small mushy feeds for a couple of days to help her digestion get moving properly again, (you can mix water with her normal food if you want but keep the feeds small ad often), and out for some grass - weather permitting - as soon as possible.

Enjoy your sleep - cant wait for more pics!

WOW!!! All this overnight and WELCOME BACK!!

CONGRATULATIONS on another perfect little one! I'm sorry you waited until the last minute to join us, but so glad that you did!! Very exciting reading catching up on Mary, and now the new little one!

A Buckskin filly!!! Just beautiful!!!

I'm almost afraid to ask you to post her pictures in our Album -- because we didn't get to "watch" Mary for very long -- but we'd love to have baby's picture in the album anyway!!

Can't wait for more and more pictures, and of big sister too!!!

WOW! I'm just catching up on happenings on here, and I find a new filly!! Conratulations! I'll be looking for more pictures later.

Cassie, thanks for getting the pictures up!

Well there you go...great job Mary, And a filly to boot, Congratulations to you both. Hows Mary feeling today? I think she could be buckskin...lots of dark in all the right places!!

I wish she was a buckskin! Those photos are deceiving and I don't think buckskin is a possibility out of this mare/stallion combo. But I wouldn't have a clue, so someone here help me out!! Haha
default_smile.png

She is a light reddish color like Mary, has a stripe down her back like Mary, her feet/ankles are lighter like Mary, her tail and mane look greysish blonde. Any clue??

I'm all over it with spoiling Mary!! It is supposed to rain later today, and I don't think she is comfortable enough to take the baby out to the grass. Maybe this evening if the rain isn't bad. Until then she is getting her feed watered down with warm water, nice and mushy.

She seems to be doing a lot better today- haven't seen her laying down and she only squeals occasionally (which again, I think is her talking to the baby more than being in pain).

When I went out there this morning, baby was standing up and moving around the pen. She has definitely been nursing, but Mary still has a huge bag. I found her first poop as well, and everything is normal.

Now, for a name!!

Since her mom is Mary, and her sister is Maybel, I wanted something that started with an M.

My brother came up with Mayci- and I really like it! It has May in it, which is her birth month, and it is close to Maybel (who was also born in may).

What do you all think??

I'm going to get some more pictures and some decent pics of Maybel. I really need to get some food in me first though!!

Wow I missed this whole play by play altogether! How exciting! Can't wait to see more pics of your new filly and congratulations!

Latest posts

Back