We're Back!! Mary FOALED 5/14- FILLY!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mthowdy

Reaction score
Well, some of you may remember me and Mary from last year. We had a beautiful filly who I named Maybel.

Sort of fell off the planet soon after that and didn't update the thread at all- I apologize, but life got in the way! Maybel is doing extremely well. She is my little spoiled brat haha!

Anyways....

This year we are having another foal, one last time.

Don't really want to get into all the details of everything, because we are really close as I type this- might run out of time!

So I will just say this-

Mary has been testing at a 6.8pH with the foaltime test strips for the last week. Been paying close attention.

Last night she dropped to 6.4 so I stayed up with her through the night- nothing happened.

This morning she was testing a light 6.4 so I have been watching her close.

Just tested her two hours ago and the paper didn't change color- other than looking wet!

I've been sitting in my car parked next to her pen since then- and I won't be leaving until she foals.

He udder is as tight as it was last year, and she is pointing south if you know what I mean haha.

Her "hooha" (if I remember right, that's what you like to refer to it as on here?) isn't very loose, but she didn't get that way until right before last year.

Her tailhead is soft, and she has turned from sweet and mild to bratty. Been swishing the tail a lot and holding it up. Stands with her legs stretched out and bites her sides.

I haven't seen any rolling!

Her belly looks tight and balled up, and I've felt foal movement near her hips.

Right now she is standing in the shade looking miserable- poor girl
default_sad.png

If she doesn't quit rubbing her rear all over the fence she is going to....well i don't know, but man has she been scratching her butt a lot today!!

That's all I can think of to report.

I know you all want pics- but I'm going to need assistance! Anyone want to post them for me if I email them to you? I'd appreciate it!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
welcome back!! wow exciting times for you
default_smile.png
so glad you jumped back on here to notify us. very exciting!

you can email them to me [email protected] I'll be happy to post it up for you
default_smile.png
so excited to hear your good news very soon!

Hey! Has it been a year? Goodness me!! Welcome back - naughty you leaving it so late and not giving us time to chat before Mary foals again!

Good luck to you and Mary for a safe smooth foaling. Hope the pictures that you have sent to Cassie include some of Maybel??

WOW!! That was quick - well done Cassie!!

Look at that lovely girl, she's looking fantastic - an about to drop that foal any minute LOL!!

Expecting the happy announcement very soon.
default_yes.gif

I know, I should have made a thread sooner- but at least I beat the actually foaling!

All of those pictures were taken within the last hour.

She is just standing around a lot, moving from one corner to the other every 20 minutes or so.

Going to test pH in an hour, just to check.

I couldn't get a pic from behind of her belly, but I think the baby is in position (or at least getting there).

Her hooha doesn't look ready, does it? Last year she waited til the end, so I'm hoping it is the same this time. (Could having a foal last year mean she doesn't need to relax as much in that area?)

I will get some pictures of Maybel sent tomorrow. She was being a brat this morning so I put her in the big pasture- right now she is off laying under a tree and I dare not disturb her haha! But tomorrow there will be all new family pictures
default_smile.png

Thanks again Cassie for posting the pics!

I will be keeping this updated very often over the next day, so expect some fun reading!

Oh, and please say a prayer and keep your fingers crossed that all goes as it did last year- smooth and by the book. Thanks!

me too! I'm sure everything will be fine! I would say she will be similar to last year and loosen up right at the end, but you never can tell lol.

oh and no problem at all
default_smile.png
will be very happy to send some of little Maybel across also if you get a chance to take some pics.

Safe foaling and praying all goes well!

Thank you all!

Just been sitting here watching her, and just wrapped her tail.

Her belly looks like a giant basketball is in there almost.

She is having a lot of gas too, I forgot- is that normal?

I tested her pH again about half an hour ago- probably the last time I will ever do that again! I'm thinking my earlier statement about the paper not changing colors may have been slightly exaggerated- this most recent test and the one previous to it are both slightly green- I would say a 6.2

She looks a little red.

Definitely restless- walking around, stomping back feet, and did I mention the gas?

Oh and she also rolled a couple times, I am assuming. I took a quick break to use the bathroom (like 5 minutes max I swear!) and when I came back out she was filthy.

Right now she is standing at the fence staring at me in my car typing on the laptop- with a look on her face like "you better not be talking about me!" haha

Sounds as though she is gearing up to produce that baby for you.
default_yes.gif

It's nearly 5 am here and I'm just coming to the end of the time when something stupid in my elderly body commands me "you WILL be awake for 2 hours in the middle of the night, every night", so I'm off back to my bed to catch a couple more hours of sleep before the day begins.

Will be looking for a possible announcement when I wake up - good luck!

She has been doing a lot of stretching and for a minute I thought she was gonna go down but she didn't.

Ah I am a nervous wreck!!

I called the vet earlier to give them the heads up, the on-call vet knows he might be heading my way some time tonight- thankfully they are VERY close if need be.

Next update to come in an hour, or less if she delivers!

Hi and welcome back
default_smile.png
Naughty girl for not keeping us updated on Maybel. I can't believe a year has passed. Sending prayers that Mary has a safe foaling.

Had a semi cow pie like poop and did some rolling.

I'm getting anxious!

Still just a lot of pacing around and a few rolls. Might have popped again, but I wasn't totally sure and didnt want to disturb her.

She definitely urinated though.

Another poop and still pacing around.

Gonna go in and check on her in ten minutes to see how everything is looking.

She was just down for a couple minutes so I snuck in to check on her and she stood up. Brat.

Her hooha is all sorts of swollen purple colors on the inside so we must be getting close.

All this pacing is making me wonder....

Latest posts

Back