We're back it was fun

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shortpig

Reaction score
My daughter took this weekend off so we can finally get Ariel hitched up and driving. I'm really looking forward to this. I know she will do great and all will go well. She is a spunky little girl but she's also very smart and very sweet. We will also spend some time doing clean up of the horses including her and her hubbies biggies, Cinder and Tango.

And yes I put new batteries in my camera so I am hoping to get some pictures and maybe even a video of Ariel driving. I am so looking forward to this weekend and just having some fun.
default_new_multi.gif
default_cheeky-smiley-006.gif

Last weekend I spent attacking Black Berries and hauling hay. Still recovering from all that.
default_no.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Have fun!! I'm jealous, the weather here is pretty nice right now, but still too much snow around to drive - at least for me, I'm a chicken about driving in snow!

Looking forward to pictures!

Lucky for us Kendra we will be able to drive in the indoor arena. Even that will be fun at this point.

I am so excited, it is Friday and tomorrow is the big day. I'm actually more excited to get my daughter started with Ariel so they will be prepared for the small parades this summer. The first one is on the 4th of July. They did it last year but just walked thru it. This year she wants to drive thru so they need to do some work to prepare. So far nothing has bothered Ariel, not motor cycles, sirens, people, so it should go well. She has been driven for about 14 yrs so no problems there. Just gets a little spunky when we first start out for the season. Needs to build her muscles for the year and build her stamina. Need to fit the harness and then her to the new cart so all works well.

Ok so this is me today, it is going to be really hard to sit still at work today.
default_risa8.gif
default_risa8.gif
default_new_multi.gif
default_new_multi.gif
default_new_multi.gif
default_488.gif
default_488.gif

Do you think people would find it weird if they look in and see me dancing around my office today?
default_unsure.png

Do you think people would find it weird if they look in and see me dancing around my office today? unsure.gif
Only until they hear why!!! Hope you have fun, and hopefully you will get some photos to share with us! :D

Do you think people would find it weird if they look in and see me dancing around my office today? unsure.gif
Only until they hear why!!! Hope you have fun, and hopefully you will get some photos to share with us! :D

The camera is loaded with new batteries so I can do exactly that.

Oh and ones more thing [SIZE=18pt]"THANK GOD ITS FRIDAY"![/SIZE]
default_xbud.gif

So here is a picture of me in the cart with Ariel I could only get one Video on my camera so I made a video of my daughter Vicky Driving the link is attached also. I just looked and found my camera is still stamping 2009 but it really was today. I just figured out how to set the date and time on my camera. So tomorrow when we go it will be correct.

So we went to the barn, spent some time with Ariel getting her brushed and cleaned up as she was out in the pasture. Took her up to the arena and after fitting everything to her, hitched her up, I climbed in the cart and she was as good as gold for me. First we just did some walking then I asked for a trot and she kicked right into it. No Problem! I drove for a little bit then got my daughter in the cart and they had a good time. Now my daughter is looking forward to tomorrow and driving again. She really had a good time today and is ready to spend alot more time driving. Ariel tired quickly so we will build her stamina slowly and up her feed to increase her energy levels. It's tough going from a pasture lazy horse to having to work.

I have given Ariel to my daughter so that now leaves me with driving Jimmy or getting Duckie trained to drive.

We will see what the future holds.

http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y87/short...ly252009014.flv

This is me in the cart when I was driving her

KodaJuly252009013.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back