Went to the Ohio State Fair last night

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lucky-C-Acres-Minis

Reaction score
for the Blake Shelton concert, and to our surprise/delight the draft horse shows were last night too.. We walked the barns admiring the gentle giants and then caught a couple of the shows..

First was the 6 horse Percheron mare hitches:

Entering the ring:

DSCF0320.jpg

This was the grey hitch, picture don't do them justice, they were absolutely gorgeous and were my pick to win

DSCF0321.jpg

The black team, was only the two teams in the class, I loved their wagon! I admire the lady driving, she wasn't big at all but boy did she have arm muscles! lol Can only imagine the power behind these gals, each averaging around 2000 lbs
default_new_shocked.gif

DSCF0323.jpg

The reverse:

DSCF0326.jpg

DSCF0327.jpg

And the class winner
default_laugh.png

DSCF0330.jpg

This was my favorite mare on the grey hitch, just the right color grey and big dapples
default_wub.png

DSCF0331.jpg

Then we caught the Single Belgian Mares, Ladies Driving, was 6 in the class

Entering:

DSCF0332.jpg

DSCF0334.jpg

DSCF0336.jpg

This was my favorite, she was breathtaking and just screamed mare, my pick to win
default_smile.png

DSCF0337.jpg

The line-up:

DSCF0345.jpg

DSCF0346.jpg

6th:

DSCF0349.jpg

3rd:

DSCF0354.jpg

2nd:

DSCF0355.jpg

And your class winner! Yep, I picked the winner again
default_laugh.png
Isn't she beautiful!!!?!?!

DSCF0359.jpg

DSCF0360.jpg

DSCF0361.jpg

DSCF0362.jpg

Thanks for the photos, Cristina! When I go to our state fair this is usually what I watch. I wonder if these teams will be in NY?

After hanging out with minis--the big ones seem more giant than ever!
default_laugh.png

I just saw your 2nd batch--goose bumps!!

Last edited by a moderator:
great pictures!! but why didnt you stop by and say hi to me!! You probably passed our farm driving there
default_smile.png

Kay

Love the big biggies ..but that is to much horse for me lol.

The lady in the 3rd picture i think is from aroud here locally ..she comes to our local fair, she must travel around ohio or be from up in this area.

My brothers were at the blake shelton concert too
default_smile.png
. We were just down there a few weeks ago for the world show ..

Thanks for the photos, Cristina! When I go to our state fair this is usually what I watch. I wonder if these teams will be in NY?
I just love the big drafters and would love to just ride on a wagon behind a big hitch
default_yes.gif
The Budweiser Clydesdale 8 hitch was there also but there were so many people around when they were hitching them up that I couldn't get pictures..
default_sad.png

great pictures!! but why didnt you stop by and say hi to me!! You probably passed our farm driving there
Don't think so, I believe you're on the other side of Columbus than we are, we come in from the Dublin side
default_smile.png

Those are some neat pictures of some gorgeous horses!
default_wub.png

I can't imagine getting all the harness cleaned up for those six horse hitches!!
default_new_shocked.gif

I can't imagine getting all the harness cleaned up for those six horse hitches!! new_shocked.gif
Oh I know!! The announcer at one point said that the hitches were up at 4 am to start bathing and doing manes/tails and that they made the call to prepare for the classes at 3 pm, first class didn't start till 6
default_new_shocked.gif
We walked the barns around 3:30ish and they were polishing harnesses and grooming horses.. Funnies thing ever was how some of the owners were watering, went down one aisle with Belgians and they had a flat bed cart with two of the big plastic tubs of water, would just slide the doors open and the horses would drink right out of the tubs, another farm with percherons had those big trash cans with wheels full of water, watering theirs lol

Thank you for the great pictures!! My riding horse is a clyde/belgian and the draftys have a big place in my heart!! My Barney would love the Belgian mare! tee hee

Awesome Pix! I would love to watch something like that in person!!!Thanks so much for sharing. It must have felt like thunder rolling in........

Angie

Latest posts

Back