Well she DID foal last night.....

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He looks so nice!!!! Congratulations!!!!!

wub.gif
wub.gif
wub.gif

Absolutely beautiful, Susan - you are having a WONDERFUL foaling year, aren't you!!!
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif

CONGRATULATIONS Susan!!! He's a very pretty little guy! Love those dilutes!
smile.gif

Beautiful foal Susan.

Great pics too=)

saludando.gif

Tommy

Two absolutely beautiful babies, congratulations...

Ginny StP

Thanks Everyone! :)

JJ, he might have the silver gene also because Gage is right..... his mom is a smoky silver (black with both the silver gene and the cream gene).

His dad is buckskin so I am sure he has at least one cream gene.

I am not Positive yet that he only has one cream gene. My color mentor, Carolyn Shepard of the ICHR, still "thinks" he is palomino but we are not positive and we'll see if his skin darkens in the next few days or weeks.

If it does not, he might be cremello or he might even be smoky cream. Both parents are on a black base and he just might be also!

I just hope we can figure it out without more DNA tests!! hahaha!

Susan O.

horsehug said:
Thanks Everyone! :)
JJ, he might have the silver gene also because Gage is right..... his mom is a smoky silver (black with both the silver gene and the cream gene).

His dad is buckskin so I am sure he has at least one cream gene.

I am not Positive yet that he only has one cream gene.  My color mentor, Carolyn Shepard of the ICHR,  still "thinks" he is palomino but we are not positive and we'll see if his skin darkens in the next few days or weeks.

If it does not,  he might be cremello or he might even be smoky cream.  Both parents are on a black base and he just might be also!

I just hope we can figure it out without more DNA tests!! hahaha!

Susan O.

417817[/snapback]

Susan, So he might have two cream genes? That would be really neat!! That would be the most darkest color of a double dilute that I have ever seen! I hope that he is palomino not double dilute!

-Gage-

Susan,

A huge congrats! That wax picture was really something and love the new pics of your boys... :)

Ginny Long

Gage,

Here is a picture (even if it is fuzzy...it is not a digital) of my smoky cream mare Doll as a foal with her mom.

She almost looked sorrel to her breeder and yet she lightened up a lot and has been DNA tested to have two cream genes on a black base.

That is what made me think of that possibility.

She was born a very dark double dilute.

Also Laurie V. told me that her cremello was exactly the color of My new little guy........eyes and all!

I was just outside looking and his eyes are still a very dark blue.

So I am still in the dark! haha

Time will tell!

Susan O.

dollandspring.jpg

Wow what beautiiful babies both 2 and 4 legged!!!! Congrats!!!

Susan -- I sure would like to know how this adorable colt's color changes as he goes from birth to 2yo... so many interesting possibilities... I see palomino.. I see cremello.. I see silver --- and have absolutely no idea what color he will eventually be.... I just think he is awesome.
yes.gif

Please keep us posted as he grows and for his first clip etc.. Colors in minis with are so fascinating!!

JJay

horsehug said:
Gage,
Here is a picture (even if it is fuzzy...it is not a digital)  of my smoky cream mare Doll as a foal with her mom.

She almost looked sorrel to her breeder and yet she lightened up a lot and has been DNA tested to have two cream genes on a black base.

That is what made me think of that possibility.

She was born a very dark double dilute.

Also Laurie V. told me that her cremello was exactly the color of My new little guy........eyes and all!

I was just outside looking and his eyes are still a very dark blue.

So I am still in the dark! haha

Time will tell!

Susan O.

dollandspring.jpg

418127[/snapback]

I sure will say she has changed!! Thats weird!! Well what ever his color is I like it!! I hope it dosent change to much from what he allready is!!!

-Gage-

Thanks again everyone :)

My daughter sent me this one her hubby had taken from the opposite side and I love the looks both "blond" boys have :)

JJay, I'll try to remember to keep you posted. Ask me if I forget :)

Susan O.

ashtonfreedom2.jpg

Back