Well it is my doggies turn!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tifflunn

Reaction score
O.k. I have been up since 5:00A.M. worrying about Storms stupid nuturing surgury-never have I given it a second thought with any other dogs, I am going to be a nervous wreck today- there going to do the blood work before they give him his sleepy medicine.

I am going to ask if they will let me stay to put him asleep- he has always liked the vet but I have never left him any where with out one of his family. They probablly wont but I am going to ask.

Thank Goodness he goes in for 8:30- I now it is silly but a few kind thoughts for the big doggie today would be helpful.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a96/tifflunn/Storm014.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a96/tifflunn/Storm014.jpg[/img]

Edited - can't remember how to post pic- sorry

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
He is such a handsome boy!!! I'm happy he can go in early and be done with it sooner, and right back home with is family!

Storm014.jpg

dog4.gif

Hey Thanks Jill- I am such an idiot this morning- I had a PM saved on how to post the pict and I erased it LOL- Which box do we copy and paste 1-2-3.

He is a handsome boy- yea there are doing three big doggies today so we are all in before 9 am.

Tiffany

Awwww...take a deep breath and it will be all over in the blink of an eye!! You're probably feeliing that way reading about how our pups had to go in not long ago and now it's your baby's turn. I know exactly how you feel, I was counting the hours and trying to do everything in my power not to think what was happening at that certain time. Lakota has "mommy-itis" and was never left alone or handeled by anyone else without me or hubby there so I was wondering what she'd be thinking.....was mommy ever coming back...oh I just made myself sick! As it turned out, everything went well (thank God) and she did wonderfully with the doc and staff. As a matter of fact doc did'nt want to give her back!
laugh.gif

The worst part for us is sitting it out and waiting. I sure got things done that day tho.....clean house, straightening up...etc....Please let us know how he makes out, he is a beautiful boy indeed!
wub.gif

Well just heard from the vet- Storms doing good- pick up tonight at 5:30-
laugh.gif
now I can stop cleaning- I think.

Sterling- Yea I am wooried about the mommitis thing to we try to socialize him but have never left him anywhere with out us before.- but he does like or vet and the ladies there(at least he use to
biggrin.gif
)- He is a cutie
wub.gif

tiff---thats wonderful news!!! Now you can relax and enjoy the rest of the day knowing your little boy is doing just fine. LOL...I have to laugh I remember when the vet's office called me as soon as she said "she's ready to go home", I was flying out the door!! Good thing is the vet's office is only 10 minutes away.
laugh.gif

Hey Tiff, I am just reading this now but I am so glad to hear that your boy is fine!! I love it that my animals go to the clinic where my Mom works so I can call lots to get updates or sometimes I even stay and watch the surgery, hee hee Your baby will be so happy when you come and pick him up, give him lots of hugs!!

Sterling- I know the house is so empty- 5:30 can't get here soon enough!

Pam-I wanted to stay- but they wouldn't let me
no.gif
probablly the fact I wouldn't help-storm reads off me to well :lol:lots of hugs going his way - your mom around here?

I never remembered any of my puppies coming home with pain meds- do the adults need them?

Is he home yet???????
biggrin.gif

About pain meds. Lakota had a very painful night when she got spayed, she was letting me know she was uncomfty and complaining every chance she got. Check with your vet...but my vet recommended I give her an aspirin to "take the edge off". I gave her one Bayer aspirin and thats all she needed. She was able to sleep somewhat better ...well I of course layed with her and stroked and massaged her so that helped.

Yep we are home- really really doppy-165 lbs dog being really really doppy is kinda funny we peed x2 ( had to help him hold his leg up and balance if fell into the bush the first time- not a very honorable time for us humanes- got some pretty stange looks from passer bys)and pooped- but he still cant quite get it together to lay down more like I sit and my head slowly goes down to where it just pulls him down- I just figured out he keeps falling asleep sitting up!

No pain meds- he doesn't seem to be in pain just very doppy- but the vet will call at 8 p.m. to check on him and I will find out if he can take an asprin tonight if he needs it.

Thanks for checking in I'll update in the am.

Tiffany

Well we made it though the night
laugh.gif
a little whimper here or there and he spent most of the night sleeping standing up with his head on our bed. This morning he seems to be back to himself a little slower but out of the fog.

Tiffany

Awwwww poor baby!!! Spent most of the night sleeping standing up with his head on the bed....awwwwww can I hug him????? Why is it that these gentle giants are just such love lugs?

I'm glad to hear everything went well considering last night. He should be himself in no time!
yes.gif

Yep he is almost there- but I noticed ummm- he is very swollen there - stitches look o.k. a little red but not unusually- I just am suprised how swollen his scrotem is.
ohmy.gif

Latest posts

Back