Well I Made It To NY!!! Dimimore update at bottom.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CharmedMinis

Reaction score
Hello to all. Well I finally made it to Debs. It was definitely an adventure and trial of errors by the airline. I left Albuquerque on Sunday morning at 8:30 on time. Got to Minneapolis on time. Got stuck on the tarmac for 45 minutes trying to leave for Detroit. Detroit had shut the airport to incoming flights because of wheather. Finally got to Detroit at 4:45, my next plane was to leave at 5. Got off the plane and the attendant told me which gate to go to, asked them if they would call ahead, but "they just don't do that". So walked as fast as I've ever walked to the other end of airport and then to a completely different concourse, carrying heavy bags, walked so fast I pulled a hip muscle. The whole time I was on the phone with my Father who said according to the airlines website the flight was delayed to 5:17. Got to my gate at 5:10, the plane was there, but they had closed the gate. 5 other people were with me, and the airlines policy is to not re-open gates. The plane continued to sit there for another 15 minutes, and of course no one would tell us why they had closed the gate 7 minutes early. So they re-booked us all on the 9 o'clock flight. At 9 they closed the ramp because of lightening, and it was bad, hit the airport twice and shook the whole building. When they re-opened they told us we would be delayed because there was no flight attendant for our flight. Then the captain got off the plane, he had flown it in from Binghamton, he mumbled to the gate people. Then they proceeded to tell us that the "plane was broken" and they would have to find us one to switch with. So then they rescheduled for 10 PM. At 10 the ramps were closed for more lightening, and then they told us they could not find a plane so the flight was cancelled. Form a line and they would re-book and find us hotel rooms. I was second in line, they put me up at the Hilton with food vouteres for 24 hours. But there were no seats open to Elmira at all on Monday, none to Binghamton either, the closest they could get me was Ithaca and only one seat left to Ithaca. I was on the phone with my Father, who was on the phone with Debs, where she was still waiting at Elmira. So I took the Ithaca flight, and went to my hotel got there at 11:30. The next morning at 9 Debs calls and says she pulled "strings" and fibs and got me on the 9:30 plane to Elmira, but it was delayed to 11:45 but I needed to get to the airport. So the shuttle picked me up at 9:25, got to the airport at 9:40, through security at 9:55, but trouble......I had forgotten you can't take water through security. Once I went through I realized and told them to just throw it away, but no, now we have to search your bag. So they pull everything out look through it and do several swabs, I'm assuming for drugs. Finally I'm done, and have to walk clear through the airport again. I get to the gate at 10:05 the monitor says the plane leaves at 10:35. I talk to the gate attendant, and yes you are confirmed on the flight, but we don't have a seat for your. You are 5th on the standby list. Of course that is NOT what Debs was told. They have over booked the flight, so right before boarding they offered incentives and one college girl gave up her seat. Well everyone else turned up for the flight so that was the only seat open. Luckily I'm a very friendly person and had made friends the night before with the 3 other gentlemen who just happened to be on the standby list ahead of me. Well they were all traveling for work and were so nice and fatherly, they gave up their spots and put me on the plane. I wish I would have had time, I would have given them all hugs and kisses. So I got the last seat!!! Called Debs from the plane before it left, it ended up leaving at 11 AM, 45 minutes early. So Debs wasn't to the airport yet when I got to Elmira but that's ok because I had to wait to talk to someone about my bag. It was still scheduled to go to Ithaca because getting on the Elmira flight was a last minute thing. So they said they would try and get it on the 3 o'clock flight, call back then. Well when I called later the plane had been overweight so my bag didn't get on, call back at 7. Finally my bag was there, but they had over 50 bags to deliver can they come the next day.......well sure.......so my bag got here yesterday (Tues.) at 3 PM.

WHEW!!! But I'm here and all is good, though Debs and I have been running at 100 MPH. As I type her surgery should have started 15 minutes ago. When she's out I will get a call and I will give you all an update as soon as I can. I'll start a new thread. She was very nervous last night, but doing ok.

:aktion033: Deb is so lucky to have such a great friend like you!!!! Thank you for being there for her when so many of us wanted to but life wouldn't allow...
default_wub.png
: If only everyone was lucky enough to have a angel like you waiting to help out when they can't quite handle things by themselves
default_wub.png
:

Debs is something else and what a good friend you are. I don't think any of my friends would have put themselves through what you did to get there. I'll be lucky to have someone wait for me at the hospital while I have my surgery this month.
default_sad.png

She designed and made a necklace for me, just finished it up yesterday and sent me pictures. Would never have known the drama that was going on there. She also kindly made a charm for my dog's wheelchair for no charge! What a nice person!

I am thinking good thoughts for her, and looking forward to hearing a good report from you later.

Glad you made it there Lindsay. Please do give us an update as soon as you can.

Wow! What a trip! You're a special friend for making that trip and I can't think of a sweeter lady to do it for than Debs! She's always so concerned about everybody else's needs that we don't often know about hers until the last minute!

Any updates on how her surgery went?

Latest posts

Back