Well, I did it again!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RedWagon

Reaction score
I dislocated my shoulder back in October & was doing well...until Thursday! I was moving a yearling colt & he just happened to jerk & twist the right way & out popped my shoulder again! Luckily, the pain this time is nowhere near as bad as the first time. But, we were going to show for the first time EVER in 3 weeks. We have been so excited but I don't know how we're going to pull it off. My husband & MIL can probably handle the actual showing part--it's the prep that I'm worried about-clipping, bathing, facials. Should be interesting! I go to the Dr. Monday morning. He told me last time that if I dislocated it again, I would most likely need surgery. Wish me luck!

I feel for you. I have an elbow that will never heal--hurts sometimes--due to my beloved equine pals. Tonight my quarter horse mare decided to turn me into the human equivalent of a kite while lunging her. This is the second--and last time this will happen. She hurt my neck---BADLY this time.

Hope you feel better. I'm okay if I don't turn my head to the left . Darn horses eh .

I too feel for you, I've never dislocated my shoulder but I have a broken collarbone that after 3 months is still 2 inches apart and a bone sticking out of my neck. I can do much more than what I originally can do (can at least shave my armp8t without going into tears), but can't do much and the pain is non stop.

take care of yourself.

I'm so sorry. I know what your going through. My son dislocated his for the first time when he was 17. He was good for about 4 years, then he dislocated again, after that 3 more times, doing basically nothing, throwing a ball and then pitching horseshoes. He had the surgery a year and a half ago it was going great then he was working on a boat and slipped reached up to catch himself and dislocated the surgically repaired shoulder, he goes in for his second surgery Wednesday. Good Luck and REST that shoulder. Kathy

Julie --

I can only imagine how it must feel!!! I hope you will recover as quickly and smoothly as possible.

Jill

Hematite taped to it will help greatly. Been there done that. Ouch.

Oh Julie--OUCH. I sure hope you can still make the show.
default_sad.png

That sounds painful. I hope you heal quickly and don't need surgery.

Oh i am so sorry, i dislocated my ankle the first time my Sophmore year in high school, then i dislocated it the following summer agian and i think the next winter i partically dislocated it, only went to the hospital for the first two actual dislocaions. The thired time i think it just went out and then my reaction was so fast it went back in.

I know how much it hurts, believe me! I have not had surgery, i still pay attention to where i step ext.

Goodluck!!!!
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back