Well, here it is, going on 3:30 AM...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SWA

Reaction score
What do HOWNNNNDAWG's do when the moon is full???
default_wacko.png

They HOWWLLLLLL at it.... :DOH!

ALLLLLLLLL...

NIGHT...

LONG!
default_gaah.gif

Ugh.... I need a nap!
default_crybaby.gif

Tracker... momma loves you babydoll....but...something's gotta give.
default_giveup.gif
default_please.gif

Hmmmmm?
default_unsure.png
Wonder if anybody has a nice dark GIGANTIC blankey they can throw over the moon for the night?????
default_rolleyes.gif

There's "supposed" to be a storm rolling in off the coast....maybe cloud cover will help????? Don't need the rain (ironic, isn't it?) but sure could use some nice thick cloud cover right about now. C'monnnnnn Clouds....
default_please.gif

Well, nuff o'my whining...
default_517.gif

Guess I'll go stuff some cotton in my ears for now.
default_wacko.png

Okeydokey... g'night.
default_saludando.gif

I hope....
default_wink.png

Last edited by a moderator:
HaHa! Tanya, your post made me giggle!

Makes me like having a lab.

Well I'm not even a hound dog and I just about howl at the moon these past few nights myself it's been so beautiful. Lol..lol...lol.... Had clouds come in, but then they dissipated and the moon came out in all it's glory! I just love late summer/fall moons!!!

Oh...and GGGGooooooo Tracker!!!!!!
default_aktion033.gif
default_cheeky-smiley-006.gif
Tanya...it's wonderful to hear that your little boy is feeling so good after the rough bout he went thru a while back!

Sounds like Tracker needs some serious work to do during the day so he's too tired to play at night.
default_wink.png

Too funny. I can assure you that if he were here, I wouldn't hear a thing even if he did howl all night. My mom, on the other hand, would hear every howwwwwllll. I can sleep through any sort of noise.

Our neighbor has some hunting dogs and when we first moved here, the sound of them at night (not constant, thankfully) took some getting used to. They don't make the same kind of sounds my shih-tzu's do
default_laugh.png

This is too funny I have a hound and his name is also Tracker but he slept through the whole full moon thing. He doesn't have a clue.
http://www.foulksfantasyfarm.com/remmingto...ack__Small_.gif
Oh WOW Arlene, a BLOODHOUND!
default_aktion033.gif
That is my DREAMDOG!
default_wub.png
I've always dreamed of having a bloodhound and would name him "Sleuth".
default_yes.gif
Your "Tracker" is one AWESOME dog!
default_wub.png
Our "Tracker" is a walker hound, (I think). Best I could gather of him, he was once a hunter's dog that was left out here in the forest sometime through this past season. That's how we happened upon him. He's such a love muffin, and I thank the Lord for him every day. He's so happy now and loves to romp and play and is just such a character.
default_wub.png

Thank you Alex and River.
default_biggrin.png

Well, put him in a shed, the barn, tack room, etc.
default_biggrin.png
Bess, if we had any of those things, I would have, LOL! Our shed was a total loss in the last storm we had blow through here several weeks ago, and this is all that was left of our barn from that same storm...

Windstorm2.jpg

Windstorm4.jpg

It likely wouldn't have helped anyway, as it wasn't a fully enclosed type barn. Just had the roof and stall walls about 5ft up, the rest was all open for cooler summers. Our family room here in the house is currently serving as our tack room, LOL. Plus, some stuff still in storage in town. I tried to bring him into our utility room but he won't come in the house. I guess he was born and raised as an outside dog. He loves to sleep on the backporch, but won't come inside for anything. What to do? LOL.

Cheyenne, it was pretty out, that's for sure. It was nice and breezy out too. I guess from the coming storm that's currently off the coast. Yes, Tracker sure has come a long way. He's thriving vibrantly. I'll have to see about getting some new pics to share of him soon. He's just not the same dog anymore, and I'm so thankful for that.
default_wub.png

Mininik, he does play all day long, LOL. I think the moonlight must have had the forest critters moving around out there, and he was probably just howling to let them know they were meandering on his turf, LOL. I don't know, I'm sure the moon itself was part of his unrest too. Probably too much light out for him to snooze for the night, LOL.

Minimor, that's what hubby and my DIL said. Neither of them heard a thing, except for when I woke them when I went outside for a bit, just to check on him to make sure his howling was not because he was in distress or anything. Once I knew he was "OK", was just howling at the moon (and probably wondering forest critters too), I came back in. The door shutting in the night was all they ever heard, LOL. If he howled again last night though, I was too tired to know it, LOL. I was totally oblivious by the time my head hit the pillow last night, LOL.

Yes Jill, he sounds so different from the rest of our dogs, LOL. He doesn't even "bark" at all, it's howling, even when he's happy and wants to play, his "happy howl" is never a bark like other dogs. I guess that's the "hownnnndawg" way, LOL. I LOVE IT THOUGH...well, except when it's soaring through all hours of the night, LOL. Fortunately, Friday night (well, I guess it was actually in the wee hours of Saturday morning by then, LOL) that was the first, and so far only, time he's ever carried on like that. It must have been a "moon thing" that caused him to do it, LOL. Other than this one night, he's always such a good boy.
default_wub.png

Last edited by a moderator:
OMG! That's hilarious. My heart goes out to you. My Bubba dog loves to sing with the trains. His wailing mournful sound in the middle of the night can bring tears to my eyes. Then once he starts the others have a need to join in. That can wake you from a good nights sleep and put the fear of God into you.

Latest posts

Back