well behaved colt

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

runaway ranch

Reaction score
th_Spirit9-05-05.jpg
This past weekend my neighbor held his big labor day bash with over 150 people. Everyone was interested in the minis. Runaway's Dakota Spirit was invited to his first big gathering and was so well behaved. Even though kids and adults were petting, and exclaiming over him, he kept his cool. It wasn't until we were headed home and he heard his dam neigh that he began prancing, eager to be back home.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's so fun to make others so happy with these little horses, isn't it? He's a darling little colt anyway.
wub.gif

My little Spirit is very special to me. He is the colt from the mare that we almost lost to eclampsia this spring.
yes.gif

Hes a cutie.

You are lucky, I am working on Diego's manners right now, he is a bit fiesty and nippy right now.

You must be so proud of him!!! He is adorable - no wonder he was so popular!!
aktion033.gif

Lisa,

How Neat!!!

"Runaway's Dakota Spirit" looks like he is totally enjoying the whole thing. Bet that little man LOVED being fussed over - just think of all the people that are now crazy about minis - just because of little Spirit!!

What a neat way to promote the miniature horse!!

Thanks for sharing!

aktion033.gif
HOORAY FOR SPIRIT.....HOORAY FOR LISA !!!
aktion033.gif

It's amazing what these little foals can and WILL do and ENJOY. Good for you, Lisa, that you took the time to acquaint him to many experiences. But I don't think he would have done anything less than spectacular the way you raise 'em!

Next to neglect of broodmares, lack of handling and socialization of foals is the sign of an irresponsible mini horse breeder and/or owner. My arm is still healing from 50 pounds of scared foal!

By the way, Miss Lisa, did you notice Sir Sammy in my avatar?! He is a big hit in the neighborhood.....folks really missed Taco's braying when he passed away last autumn. Even better, he's a wonderful addition to our herd.....thanks for letting us have him. By the way, he picks up his feet and is VERY social, too!

A big hug!!

Cindy

saludando.gif

I have to say, we miss Sammy. He has such a gentle "spirit". Hopefully soon his dam, who is getting tired carrying her large load,

th_DSC00981.jpg

will gift us with a new little donk to love.

Latest posts

Back