Weight loss

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laura

Reaction score
[SIZE=12pt]Ok folks, time to fess up again. I'm sick as a DOG, so I'm not weighing, because I don't care today
default_rolleyes.gif
[/SIZE]

Mia was sick all week, but got well in time to go back to school and her Dad's on Friday, now Zac and I are sick. yuck!

How has this week gone for you all? Losses? Any special challenges? New favorite food?

started back off my last plateau this week, down another 3 or 4 pounds for a total of 89 lost this year. Want to lose another 11 - but the Wii Fit says 22 to make my BMI "normal"... I don't think it's geared for muscular short women!

Food? What's that?

OK, snacks for those of you who need to munch... dill pickles, celery (try it dipped in mustard!) and for the sweet-tooths, you can have sugar free Popsicles or make sugar free jello "jigglers" - we call them "gummy bears" - I just make a double batch and set it up in a large flat pan - then cut it into little squares and stick 'em in a ziplock bag. Grab a handful instead of other food if you find yourself looking in the fridge... or put some in a bowl by the computer or TV instead of mindless snacking on something with more calories.

started back off my last plateau this week, down another 3 or 4 pounds for a total of 89 lost this year. Want to lose another 11 - but the Wii Fit says 22 to make my BMI "normal"... I don't think it's geared for muscular short women!
Food? What's that?

OK, snacks for those of you who need to munch... dill pickles, celery (try it dipped in mustard!) and for the sweet-tooths, you can have sugar free Popsicles or make sugar free jello "jigglers" - we call them "gummy bears" - I just make a double batch and set it up in a large flat pan - then cut it into little squares and stick 'em in a ziplock bag. Grab a handful instead of other food if you find yourself looking in the fridge... or put some in a bowl by the computer or TV instead of mindless snacking on something with more calories.
[SIZE=12pt]Good ideas!! Pickles, I love, but I have found that even most dills have HFCS. (high fructose corn syrup)..how nuts is that? I did find one brand that doesn't have it, so that's what I'm eating
default_wink.png
[/SIZE]

When you started this topic I had 25 left to lose. As of last Wed I only have 18 left to lose to get the the WW goal weight for my height. A total of 56 pounds lost since March 25th. These last 25 have been the hardest but since you started this topic I have been slowing moving downward again.

The hard thing is feeling good and comfortable where I am now, the motivation is not as strong. I have lost 88 pounds in the last 5 years, I think I look real good right now, even if my BMI says I am overweight.

Will have to try the mustard and celery. Sounds good.

When you started this topic I had 25 left to lose. As of last Wed I only have 18 left to lose to get the the WW goal weight for my height. A total of 56 pounds lost since March 25th. These last 25 have been the hardest but since you started this topic I have been slowing moving downward again.
The hard thing is feeling good and comfortable where I am now, the motivation is not as strong. I have lost 88 pounds in the last 5 years, I think I look real good right now, even if my BMI says I am overweight.

Will have to try the mustard and celery. Sounds good.
That is AWESOME Susan, you two are doing great!!!

It's great hearing what is working for you guys. Laura, you and Zac get well quick!

I'm doing the same thing Karen has had so much success with; three weeks yesterday and 15 lbs. down.
default_laugh.png
45 more to go. I have tried EVERYTHING under the sun, and for some reason the fact that this 5 premade shakes or soups a day/1 "lean and green" real food meal requires no extra thought, works for me. I've had people say negative things about this program, like how quickly "everyone" puts weight back on.....however, in addition to my "coach" I have a friend at the gym who just told me this is what she did over a year ago to drop 48 lbs. and she's going strong, no regaining.

I will dip into the mustard and see how that is, never thought of celery and mustard. Right now I'm having a pretty tasty Chai Latte (one of the meals) with extra cinnamon thrown in to see if having a bit of cinnamon every day has any effect on people the way Marie has been posting about her horses
default_wink.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Mmm, the kids and I just had a YUMMY snack! We had YOPLAIT light (vanilla) mixed with defrosted frozen strawberries...it tasted like strawberry cheesecake to my sweets deprived palate~LOL

If you miss cheese cake try this. Sugar free jello cheese cake flavor powder mixed into the yogurt. I have not tried this myself but have been told it is really good and and the cheese cake texture.

If you miss cheese cake try this. Sugar free jello cheese cake flavor powder mixed into the yogurt. I have not tried this myself but have been told it is really good and and the cheese cake texture.
mmm, sounds good!

Here is another treat for weight watchers. Melt cookies and cream candy bar in microwave and stir in enought All Bran to coat. Drop by teaspoon on cookie sheet and let set up. I use to make a bunch of these and freeze them for a sweet snack that was always handy and full of fiber.

Didn't see a check in for 11/16, so I'm adding on this one
default_laugh.png

read the below on an AOL site and thought I'd bring this to all......after all, aren't most of us guilty?

It's interesting to consider.

In a recent study in the American Journal of Epidemiology, women who slept 7 or more hours a night were less likely to put on weight than women who didn't. Those who slept only 6 hours a night were 12 percent more likely to gain .... Other studies have linked lack of sleep to a higher BMI and have found that it negatively affects levels of the appetite-regulating hormones ghrelin and leptin.

Can I join late???? I lost 40 pounds in Germany and now I am wanting to lose more. Starting this week.... My goal is to lose 50 more before nationals next year and.... that will make me 10 pounds less than when I got married. Starting weight today 233. (Yes I know I was a cow before I went to Germany and still quite a hefer ) but at least my jeans went for a 24 to an 18 so far...... would like to look normal for once again. Love the tips given.

Lyn

Of course you can join in Lyn! Everyone is welcome. You're doing great!!

I would like to join also. As of this morning, I weigh the most I have, EVER. I have had a beyond stressful year, and it shows. Time to take control. I just joined Weight Watchers online. Would like to hear what others have been the most successful with. Karen, if you are out there, what is your secret? You look amazing!

This morning, I weighed 190. My first goal is 10% loss, so I am aiming for 171.

My "plan" has been to stop was I was doing that got me to this weight
default_wink.png
I started reading labels, eating much smaller portions, making sure that about 70%, at least ,of my food, was fruits and vegetables for lunch and dinner and all snacks. NO WHITE FOODS AT ALL (bread, rice, sugar, flour, etc). *If* I eat bread, it's a high fiber wheat blend.

Breakfast I alternate between kashi cereals and home raised eggs/scrambled w/mushroom, usually inside a wrap or pita I've found I LOVE (Joseph's whole wheat & flax-super low carb & fat). We're eating mostly leaner meats and some vegetarian meals...although we're butchering a steer in a week or two, so that will change some.

We love fresh, steamed vegetables, so that's a blessing.

I had fallen into some REALLY bad eating habits, like ice cream and a LOT of it, every night. Now I use Hershey's special dark chocolate kisses (kept in the freezer) as my special sweet treat.

I started at 178.6 and am currently holding (grrrr) at about 157. I'm stuck again, but did reach my first goal, so I'm just taking it one day at a time
default_smile.png

I would like to mention that richard simons excercise taped if there is such a thing. He has helped hundreds of people lose weight and he is very hilarius to watch.

After having my two granddaughters staying with me for two weeks now, I am wondering how any of you with young children manage to lose any weight at all.

I keep plenty of fruit in the house for snacks. We do bake once a week. Still it seems like they are always eating. Then I tend to nibble more stuff. What a waste to throw the crust away if they will not eat it. The peanut butter chocolate cookies we made last night are so good. Luckily I do not like the brand of ice cream I bought for them.

OMG I want my house and my eating habits back!!!!!

Susan, you made me laugh. I just got back from a week with my grandkids. I did lose 1/2 pound, but I know what you said is sooo true! Seems we were raised...waste not, want not...with guilt.

Okay, I'm on board now!! Laura, when you first talked about this weight loss group I really wanted to do it but for some reason I couldn't break out of my bad habits. Yesterday, I finally woke up and said today is the day!
default_new_shocked.gif
So after 6 months or more of eating whatever I liked, whenever I wanted to.......I've stopped the insanity. I am back doing Weight Watchers. I know it works as I'm a lifetime member.
default_wacko.png

Anyways, I'm going to the gym this morning and trying again to beat this beast and I look forward to being part of this LB weight loss group!

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been putting this off to long. I want to join, I weigh more now than I ever have and I'm diabetic. Doc put me on new medication a few months ago and told me to could cause weight gain, guess what, it did. So here I am.

Latest posts

Back