Wee Foal Test Results!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tremor

Reaction score
We had a pregnancy scare not too long ago, and luted the mare in October for safe measures. This past month I had become very paranoid and believed her to be pregnant. On Wednesday we ordered ourselves a Wee Foal Test, and received it this morning. I was instantly outside with a plastic cup in hand to catch some pee. It only took my mare thirty minutes to pee, where I then caught about two cups of urine! LOL! I didn't need *that* much.

We got our results and are esctatic.

163851_1649932539677_1577895892_1441809_6179359_n.jpg

Negative!

Just thought that I'd share.
smile.gif

-Julia

30 minutes? Man are you lucky!

First time I tried Frank and I took turns watching the mare for 5 1/2 HOURS! Then the next day she finally peed after 3 1/2 hours.

Never again!

Charlotte

30 minutes? Man are you lucky!

First time I tried Frank and I took turns watching the mare for 5 1/2 HOURS! Then the next day she finally peed after 3 1/2 hours.

Never again!

Charlotte
Haha! Well, my mare spent some time drinking A LOT of water before hand. I guess that helped.
laugh.gif

I've always been able to get my urine samples in 5 - 10 minutes. I love the WeeFoal tests!
default_yes.gif

Charlotte I had the same problem then I thought I was smart and tried to come up with a way to tape a cup there to catch her pee. It would not stay straight so I took it off walked back to the feed room for tape when Raven screamed SHES PEEING so I ran back to the turn out but was to late although I had a papertowel with me so I just dipped it in her pee on the ground (ya I know gross) then used my dixie cups and another papertowel over one to strain the pee and then did the test let me just say after all that.. there are easier ways LOL

Lisa, I tried taping a 'pad' accross her hiney. After a few hours I thought that was why she wasn't peeing so I took it off. Several hours later she still hadn't urinated. Next day I started feeding her buckets of alfalfa soup...2 alfalfa cubes soaked in a gallon of water. several of those. She must have a bladder the size of Texas! 30" mare.

By then my plan was to let her pee in the paper bedding since I had tested it and it's real easy to squeeze the liquid out of. I did like you and strained it.

Tremor, the results were just fine....if you don't mind spending 2 days getting there!

Thankyou Charlotte , your post made me smile and I sure need it today
default_yes.gif

I've always been able to get my urine samples in 5 - 10 minutes. I love the WeeFoal tests!
default_yes.gif
For mine, too! For both of Lex's I waited 5 mins. max. 30 minutes is waaayyy too long. 5 1/2 hours is crazy long lol
default_wacko.png

For mine, too! For both of Lex's I waited 5 mins. max. 30 minutes is waaayyy too long. 5 1/2 hours is crazy long lol
default_wacko.png
I must be patient, lol. I was just sitting there next to the mare while I was being gnawed on by our filly. Boy was she being a dweeb. She was just standing there staring wide-eyed at me and sniffing me.
rolleyes.gif

Plus, I had nothing better to be doing on my Saturday morning. lol

Hmmmm --- I thought EVERY mare would pee almost as soon as they walked into a freshly cleaned/bedded stall
default_new_shocked.gif
default_laugh.png
Maybe it's ONLY if you aren't wanting her to.
default_yes.gif

I've been both routes with the collection process this year.

I tested 4 mares. 3 of them I had samples within 30 minutes. But the last one put me through the ringer.

Afte 3 days of sitting with her for about 4 hours each day, I FINALLY duct taped a pad on her and wouldn't you know it she peed about 15 minutes later!

Previous years I had no issues using a pad to collect a urine sample. This year, I had a difficult mare, she would pee over the pad. I learned to tape the pad verticly, worked like a charm.

I have just taken my mare to a clean rubber mat and brought a stallion to her... walaaaaa ~~~ squat and pee, sop up a little pee and do the test.

Latest posts

Back