Wee Foal Results

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CheyAut

Reaction score
I know others have asked this before, and I did search before posting... but I still don't know if this is a ghost line or a line.... Here are several photos....

This is Dazzle's test

IMG_67711.jpg

IMG_67651.jpg

IMG_6762.jpg

IMG_6759.jpg

IMG_6757.jpg

IMG_67561.jpg

Mare in question...

dazzle7-12-8.jpg

dazzle217-12-8.jpg

dazzle147-12-8.jpg

dazzle87-12-8.jpg

Jessi

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a real tough one!
default_new_shocked.gif
:shocked
default_new_shocked.gif
I personally have never done a weefoal test, but the mare does look like she could be pregnant, but only 4-5 months? When was she bred?

IF she was bred, I have no idea. I got her in April and she looked like this:

dazzle24-23-8.jpg

Well here's the two we did earlier this spring.. I got all different "reads" from people on these, some said both negative, some said one + and the other -, vice versa and even had a few say both positive.. Both mares ended up open even though they looked preggo and even developed the swollen 'milk vein' and bagged slightly before all of a sudden it disappeared and they came in heat..

This one looks like yours:

102_1532.jpg

The other:

102_1530.jpg

Both together:

102_1533.jpg

I have emailed wee foal, so we'll see what they say, thanks
default_smile.png

You're right, the one looks like mine. I had seen your thread about the two tests, but didn't know the outcome... so good to know they're both open (though sorry, I assume you wanted them in foal! Bummer!) so I'm thinking she's open???

So is she just getting fat, or should I be worried something is wrong?

Jessi

I am sorry to say this, but to me, that looks like a negative result. I hope I am wrong, as I am sure you want her in foal, but it looks negative i think.

I had two that looked like that this year. One a mare that had been blood tested pregnant and one I htought for sure was-in actuality neither were. Both mine were NOT pregnant. On the one that had been blood tested positive I did contact wee foal and they had me send them the test and they did give me a replacement one. Second one came out negative and she was not in foal. On all my horses that were positive and was in fact in foal it was a TRUE positive result.

I vote open too.

Actually, sorry but I had to edit this. I dont vote that she is open but rather that your test is negative...she sure looks pg

LOL so we're still undecided? hehe
default_smile.png
I'm going to see what wee foal says... maybe retest her later. I'm NOT hoping she's in foal, she's only 2 years old. (in case someone missed it earlier, I did NOT breed her, I bought her in April). If she's not, she DEFINATELY needs to go on a diet lol!

In the meantime, I'm about to test a mare I DID breed and hope she's preggers, so wish me luck with her ;)

Jessi

Ok, I tested my leopard mare, Confetti (Lot-A-Dot Queen)... she's in foal!!! WAHOO!!!!! To my leopard stallion Spin (VFG El Arlequin)
default_smile.png

'Fetti:

confetti166-6-8.jpg

confetti396-6-8.jpg

Spin:

spinsig-1-1-2.jpg

So I was comparing her very clearly positive test to Dazzle's probably negative test. Ok, so leading up to the C line, the white has a slight pink tinge. With the positive test, that tinge goes all the way to the very clear C line. With Dazzle's, it's white white until the T line, then the pink tinge starts and goes to the C line (I guess it prob goes beyond the C line on both, but wasn't paying attention past the C line).

While I"ve had negative tests in the past, it was last year, no photos, and I didn't keep them, so I can't compare. So those of you who have had neg tests, do you know if the pink tinge didn't start utnil the T line? I'm going to look at the photos posted here as soon as I post this to look on those...

Jessi

I think its there all the time just harder to see with a neg result as there is a definite pink to that area.BTW congrats on your mare in foal! Also test your other mare again in a month. That way you will know for sure.

Thanks
default_smile.png
Ok, I'll retest her next month! Maybe then I'll know for sure? lol

Jessi

Oh congrats on your leopard mare being in foal- that outta be sumthin'!

And at two, then I hope your other one is not bred either. Since you just got her in April, has her diet changed? What was the previous owner feeding, vs. what you are feeding?? Could she just have developed a bit of a hay belly or something. She looks pleasantly rounded (and she is a cute little thing) but I hope she's not pg. either.

Gosh is it cost effective having to test and retest? Wouldnt it just be quicker and easier if the vet palped her?

Wee Foal got back to me, said it appears negative, but they will show the photos to someone else and get back to me. So that's good... and I never have been able to feel any kicking. So I'm thinking she needs a diet lol!

Sadly my mini donk also needs a diet, as she tested negative tonight
default_sad.png
I guess they can diet together lol!

Here is Dazzle's test next to three other mares.

Dazzle's is the third one. The second is OBVIOUSLY negative, and the fourth is OBVIOUSLY positive. Dazzle's looks positive compared to the first... what do you think about the first one? I thought for SURE that mare is pregnant, she has always been thin framed and her belly alone is a little bit bigger, and I have not seen her in heat for sometime. However, she might not be far along enough to test... I'll post more photos of her test alone as soon as I get them uploaded.

EDIT TO ADD:

in order left to right: Sage, Karma, Dazzle, Confetti

sagekarmadazzlefetti4.jpg

sagekarmadazzlefetti3.jpg

Ok, here's that first test by itself

Edit to say, I meant first in the line up of four. This is Sage's test

sage3.jpg

sage2.jpg

sage.jpg

Here's Dazzle's test next to my positive test from Confetti. Dazzle's is on the right and the bottom

fettidazzle6.jpg

fettidazzle4.jpg

Latest posts

Back