Wee-foal question

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RJRMINIS

Reaction score
I know it says to be used from 120-300 days of pregnancy. What happens if you use it on a mare over 300 days? Will it give a false reading? I bought a mare pasture bred, and I am not sure how far along she is, she could be over 300..... So Just debating on if it will give an accurate result?

I used one on a mare at 345 days as she was just REFUSING to foal. It came back positive and was later backed up by a positive manual test by vet (she finally foaled 367 days!)

Hi Michele,

I would think you could see the baby moving if over 300 days. The body looks so different seen dead on from the front or the back.

Hi Michele,

I would think you could see the baby moving if over 300 days. The body looks so different seen dead on from the front or the back.

Well I have been watching to see the foal kick, but since she is pasture bred, I have no idea if she is that far along, or if we have awhile yet. I have one test left, so I think I will try it today if she will cooperate and pee for me...haha I tried putting her in the stall with shavings, and as she started to pee I went to catch it and she stopped mid stream....haha :DOH!

So I waited and waited......I think i will try the taping of the cup trick today.

RJMINIS, let us know the results when you find out please. I LOVE these weefoal tests. And the cup taped to the butt works wonderful!!

Good Luck!!

Joyce

Latest posts

Back